Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Favourite characters?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dart
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject: Favourite characters? Reply with quote

Doesn't seem like there's a lot of discussion going on... Let's see if I can start some.

Who are people's favourite character(s)?
What about them appeals to you?
Dart
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start (and let's see if anyone joins in).
One of my favourites is Jim.

There's his obvious likability - he is notoriously charming, and instinctively finds the right approach to people; he is caring; he thinks on his feet.

He's also a bundle of contradictions.
He tries to rescue and protect people - by luring them into what he knows is a trap.
He projects confidence - but knows that when push comes to shove, he is pretty much powerless to do anything.
He hates the pit fights - but keeps attending them.
He is faced with the consequences of his actions (ie. the deaths of those he tried to help) - but keeps bringing more people to the Dusk.
He meekly takes Wayne's mistreatment - but retains his dignity and sunny attitude. (Or has done so until recently, at any rate.)

Besides feeling sympathy for him, I find him fascinating.
Saint Cy
Spark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim is definitely fascinating. Aja's very good at making interesting characters, and you see it in both the writing and how they act in the comic. The early cameo where Jim tells Jen "I'm just here to heckle." is one of my favorite parts.

My favorite character is Bob, he's smart but so humble and nice. He has confidence though, usually being sort of unflappable. I like his dynamic in the group.
Dart
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Bob is amazing. Very understated a lot of the time, which makes his moments of awesome stand out that much more.
Then there's this page, which adds a whole new dimension:
http://true-magic.com/view.php?id=295
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: