Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Arrow/Flash
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brady kj wrote:

Well, the first step is to plan for there to be a trial. The second step is to avoid solitary confinement unless it's necessary. Few of the prisoners were murderers. I don't think any were rapists. If I recall correctly, the teleporting girl wasn't even all that violent.
I've tried to get passed that aspect of The Flash, because the show does have things I like, but I couldn't.

Using your example, the teleporter, that episode, spoilers, showed her breaking her man out of prison.. So attempting to just put her into a prison, would seem a little silly.

Of course if you think about meta-humans in the real world, every government would be catching meta-humans to experiment on them, to steal their powers so they could weaponize it, being put in a safe prison under star labs, would seem like a more ethical thing to me.

Sure it brings up matters of ethics, and the rights of villains, and even could bring up a registration act where meta-humans have to register that they have their powers, etc, much like in X-Men, and Civil War that is coming up. And or what do they do with them when they put them in prison, if they are violent. Do they rehabilitate them so they can return to society, or will they forever be branded as outcasts.. So there are many things they could do with such a concept, if they wanted to...

Or we just ignore all of that, and just enjoy a fun show with the flash in it.. Nudge Nudge

I did wonder though.. Did they constantly feed them while they were in there? Did they let them use the bathroom and amenities like that?
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like somebody feeds them and keeps their cells clean. That's something to wonder about. And a prison like theirs is certain a necessity when dealing with the type of villains they have. But they can hold people in there in a much more humane fashion, and involve proper trials. I can accept that Welles would be OK with the set-up, but I'm not OK with Barry being OK with it.

But I will start watching Flash and Arrow again. Does anyone have recommendations about which episodes to watch first?

brady-kj.deviantart.com
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brady kj wrote:
It looks like somebody feeds them and keeps their cells clean. That's something to wonder about. And a prison like theirs is certain a necessity when dealing with the type of villains they have. But they can hold people in there in a much more humane fashion, and involve proper trials. I can accept that Welles would be OK with the set-up, but I'm not OK with Barry being OK with it.

But I will start watching Flash and Arrow again. Does anyone have recommendations about which episodes to watch first?

If I recall correctly, Barry wasn't ok with it at first, but then it become the only thing that made sense to do. At least he wasn't just shooting them with arrows until they stopped living like Green Arrow.

The shows interweave with each other. Going back and forth and crossing over. So it is best to watch them in order with each other, to know the full story. Green Arrow was first for 2 seasons, and then ran together for season 3 and 1, and now are running together for 4 and 2.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else still watching The Flash? I just got Season 4 from my library, and I have ONE QUESTION for anyone who's already seen the entire thing:

Does Joe live? Shocked

When your favorite character is also the hero's dad, it can drive you a little bit crazy. XD

I think I'd enjoy the show a lot more if I wasn't worrying about him all season long.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an effort to help you enjoy the show...

On the Joe question:
He's still alive and kicking as of the premier of Season 5
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew, thanks. I spent the first three seasons biting my nails every time he was in danger. Glad I can just enjoy this one without worrying about that particular trope.

...I'll probably be back to ask again next year. Shocked
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the WB, where we use drama and brooding for the sake of our... uhhhh teen fans?

I do still watch The Flash. Season 3 started to get really dark for my liking, and I felt season 4 was kind of a hot mess. Season 5 seems to be OK so far.

I stopped watching Arrow because it got really, really dark. Too dark for my liking. Sure they've written Arrow like he was Batman. But still. He's also kind of a jerk to all of his friends. And that's being nice.

The Flash, well it started off good. It started off, fun, and light. Everything The Flash was.. And well, WB took over, and he became so moody, and angsty, and emo at times. And also would do whatever he wanted if he thought it was right. Regardless of who it hurt. He's just not The Flash for me too much. But I still watch.

I do love the actor who plays Joe, as well as the role in the show. But, I really love Tom Cavannah. He is just phenomenal in this series. He's range and acting skills are amazing. He's worth watching alone for.

I will say season 4's crossover event, make sure you can watch all of them, is 10 times better than the Suicide Squad Movie, and does those characters justice, and 100X better than Justice League movie.
mikkelkasper
Serf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the Flash till the 4th season then it became a bore, so many speed stars, people no longer die, so much like all CW series, they get to a point where resurrections are a norm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: