Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

(Pages 296+) The Deep Ruins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh lor, well this is getting weird. And Bob seems to have spotted something.

Quote:
What did you like about it? Good story? Fun gameplay...?

The story is told in a very unusual way but has three solid and often heartwrenching plotlines - I will never not cry at the finale of the Jumi plot - the world is utterly gorgeous and surprisingly customisable, the characters are all vivid and entertaining, battle is quite fun (although staffs and spells are really only effective in the normal difficulty), and there is nothing like that feeling of satisfaction when you puzzle out something tricky.

Also the music is ridiculously good and I would recommend a playthrough just for the City of Flickering Destruction track.
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Joe continues to be all uppity. He's been in a mood ever since his seed planter got broken.

And, huh. I completely forgot Bob was injured. All the way back in 180, that was.

Anyways, Legend of Mana? I could have sworn you had played that before, Aja...or maybe that was someone else here. It's been a long time...

Quote:
The story is told in a very unusual way but has three solid and often heartwrenching plotlines

...Two and a half. Most of the main characters in the Faerie arc can rot for all I care. The rest of what XiaoCaity is saying is spot on though. ESPECIALLY the music. The composer is Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario RPG), and this game probably represents some of her best work.

Don't let the bright artwork fool you, however. Some of the story can be rather mature, maybe even a little dark. Still, the world and its characters are really fleshed out.
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit I like the Faerie Arc because it's the one decent person in that entire mess trying to help someone she cares about. It's very real to life for me, even with the zombie dragon thing.

Although honestly, screw Matilda. She was horrible.

Jumi Arc is still my favourite though. Best music, to my mind the best plot and best ending, some of the best locations...

*ahem* I'd better stop before I fangirl all over the thread and distract from the dorks in the catacombs.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowstorm wrote:
And, huh. I completely forgot Bob was injured. All the way back in 180, that was.

Ooh, right, I meant to add a reminder note about that under the page. It's been a while!

Also, it does sound like Legend of Mana would probably be my cup o' tea. Nudge Nudge Seems like it would be pretty expensive to get a good copy on Amazon right now, but I'll keep an eye on it!
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe's face in that last panel, heehee! "Typical. Utterly bloody typical!"

TBH I emulate my copy because finding a legit one would cost as much as a fortnight's groceries, which I tend to need more.
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Joe can't catch a break. I guess we know where all the luck in the family ended up. Although I bet he could light it again, with the right method. Music Music

I have the original CD, but it has a scratch in it. I think it still plays though.

And to think when I got it as a gift I didn't like it because it wasn't like Secret of Mana...

LoM is only $6 on PSN, but I think it's not in your region, Xiao. Like how there's no Einhander in the NA store. Now THERE'S an expensive game on Amazon. LoM is downright cheap compared to that. I guess I was mistaken after all about you having played it before, Aja. Maybe you can find it for cheaper at a local game store?

Quote:
I admit I like the Faerie Arc because it's the one decent person in that entire mess trying to help someone she cares about.

...You'd better be talking about Daena-

Quote:
Although honestly, screw Matilda. She was horrible.

...Oh, good.
SeaRabbits
Serf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty peoples.
May I draw your attention to the sand? This big pile of sand wouldn't happen to be related to Dead Guy's glowy powder right? You know the creepy, mind of its own powder?

... Actually if it is related.. then stuck in a cavern filled with sentient sand is not somewhere I would want to be..

I would appreciate no spoilers from those magical people who have seen this story prior to its edited glory. However, I am open to ambiguous statements designed to screw with me (I'm getting those already from Aja) >.> ...
MrPasserby
Courtier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to forget the terrifying implications of that pile, thankyouverymuch. Not that there's much chance of that with the events in the latest comic, though it wouldn't entirely surprise me if Aja trolls us with mice coming out of that crack rather than the [REDACTED] I'm expecting. Disgruntled Peasants

Anyway. I've been pretty much assuming it's the same as the mystery powder ever since we first saw it. I disagree with two points of your analysis, however. I do not believe it is sand, nor do I believe that the powder is sentient. I do, however, believe our heroes are in extreme danger. Also, the Dawn is coming. Now please excuse me while I go hide under the bed until the next update.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, welcome to the forum, SeaRabbits! It's nice to see you here. Grin

MrPasserby wrote:
though it wouldn't entirely surprise me if Aja trolls us with mice coming out of that crack rather than the [REDACTED] I'm expecting.

Bwahaha--

MrPasserby wrote:
Disgruntled Peasants

Shocked
Devilin Richer
Noble

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really can't catch a break now. Good heavens, bats? At least this isn't an old school platformer, they'd be doomed otherwise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: