Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Angry Dead comic, by Tauhid.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time Lords you say? Good, we'll need them. Now with this whole electoral college debacle Brady caused by fleeing those uni-cycle riding three little pigs brothers, and moving to the other side of the country.

I had a suspicion it was you. With those beady eyes, and writing comic strips about Aliens.

Someone needs to fix this mess we are all in. Or I'm going into a cryogenic slumber for a few centuries. Just need my good ol' fashioned Pipboy.

Holy, wow!! Is... Is that Skittles? That Skittles, or is it a chameleon faced Spam-bot 2000?

In all seriousness, it is good to see so many old faces again. How has life treated you all? What have you all been up to? Married now? Kids? Grand kids? Grand Schemes for World Domination?
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeets! It's a miracle! I didn't think anyone can survive what Tauhid did to you!

And yep. I am an alien, but that's not how I threw off the election. Shortly after I fled west to Washington, another guy in North Dakota about my weight moved to prevent the continent from capsizing. Unfortunately, while I brought with me liberal politics, thereby not causing much change to the west coast, the other guy brought more typically North Dakotan politics (read: scary) to the east, and he voted in five states along the way.

But in all seriousness, I'm doing OK, but the last couple months have been a whirlwind. I'd tell you folks the story right here, but I think that it would merit a thread all of its own. The good news is I've got a cushy office job for the first time ever. How is everyone else doing?

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Tauhid
Noble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom died, divorced, hermit years, quit job, started awesome new job at What Pumpkin, re-married (new good woman, not old bad woman), moved, four cats, new dog, 'nother new dog, also step-son, quit smoking, discovered smoking again, quit smoking, face fat.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite a whirlwind there. Sounds like everything's going well now so I hope that continues. My life seems uneventful by comparison, but I'm not as good at being succinct.
Two new cats, New job, immediate supervisor seemed to like me but her boss didn't, probably almost fired, new boss, who smelled like alcohol and broke things and was fired, a bunch more new bosses, lots of job applications, friends moved away, lots of first dates with various men and women, very few second dates until two years ago, now two years in same relationship, added second job, quit second job.
The last couple months can be summarized as:
Girlfriend lost job, girlfriend moved into my crappy apartment, visited Norway with family, interesting country but lots of family yelling, more job applications, got new job, moved to Washington, apartment in Washington is $250 more expensive than they told us over the phone, nothing we can do because nothing was in writing until we were on our way, lady at the apartment company fought her boss to get us into cheaper apartment, a month later they gave us an apartment almost as cheap as what we were promised, but the lady who fought for us no longer works here, sometimes hang with old friend an hour away, trying to get more friends.

What has everyone else been up to?

brady-kj.deviantart.com
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Brady, you have really been all over the world there. I'm sure you have many a story to tell and I am sure you could create a whole thread full of them. Congrats on the two year relationship and new place together.

Tauhid, I am sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. And your divorce, glad to hear you found a good one now. As well as the new job. Still doing graphic design?

I can't really say I have had those kind of adventures like you all have over the years. I don't think my life was all that exciting. For the most part I've worked the same job for the past 17 years now. I did take my first vacation in over a decade this year and visit the Smithsonian. That was a lot of fun. This year I have been all over the place. Meeting all types of people and doing all types of stuff. I've not really drawn much over the past years. Nor done any comic stripping. My writing was atrocious at the time. I could tell a funny joke but when it came to writing dialogue, forget about it. I do do some writing these days. More in the blog world than comics or graphic novels. I did have an idea for a story but have not written it and may just not. It's a Fantasy type of story.

I then worked to change my life around for the better. I took up running and got myself in shape. Giving up all that junk food I was addicted to, and lost 90 pounds.

Other than that not much to really talk about. I've basically been soul searching and looking for myself over these years. It's been a long painful journey.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young, congrats on seeing the Smithsonian and losing weight. What sort of "all types off stuff" have you done? Can you post a link to your blog?

Tauhid, how'd you come up with A Near Myth? Do you have a goal for how frequently you'll update it? I saw your post on your site about your artistic standards, but I think everything I've ever seen from you is of top artistic quality, and a fun read. I don't see that as a problem.

Skittles, what have you been up to?

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Skittles
Courtier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me? Psshhh... I've... uh... wait.... um...... I know I've done some really impactful stuff... what has it been... like a week? I think I ate some tacos that didn't kill me.

Nah, but really, I've grown up a lot. When I started meeting some of you guys at PennyArcade, and then when I followed Tau's brilliant ass self to his own space, and met the rest of you, I was but a budding young man of 17 or 18. I find myself looking at a much different (but still just as offensively gorgeous) face in the mirror.

Now, on the verge of 30, I have my first child on the way, he will be born in January. I am in a long term relationship with his mother, a currently married mother of 2 boys already. Don't judge, life is weird, get used to it, haha.

I still haven't "bloomed" in life, I feel, since I have been bouncing around crappy jobs ever since I dropped out of college back in '09, when Sallie Mae was just excercising its final death throws and dropped my student loans (and they're back, by the way... government bailouts...). After that, I went to Florida and became a tattoo artist, became an alcoholic, recovered, and moved back to Louisiana to fix phones and computers for a while until I hated my life. But I finally landed a work from home position that will hopefully allow me the time to work on my creative side more.

As for that, I have started attending a Live Action RolePlay group for the last few years, and in addition to it being a great deal of fun, it brought me to discover a gift and in and a love for Leathercrafting. I am hopeful that I can make enough money selling my art that I can eventually quit this satellite job and just make stuff, like I've always aspired to do.

Damn those is a lot of words....
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This probably should be split into its own thread so as to not take away from the thread for Tauhid.

It seems everyone has grown up on Walton Mountain.

Second off.. Skits have you been lurking this entire time? Congrats on having a child. A child with, if I read that right, a married women ?It's like an episode of General Hospital. Next you'll tell us it is actually your evil twin, Skittleros kid. A tattoo artists. Interesting job choice. I must admit I would not have imagined that. Of course that is because I did not know you did much art stuff over the years. You must have kept that part to yourself. That's good you are finding a passion for something you enjoy doing. It was bound to happen. One of us would end up a Larp'er. I would have thought Waf would have gone that route.

I must say I live a very Vanilla life compared to you all. With your wild exotic adventures. I'm so Vanilla I'm basically Casper the Ghost. Actually he's probably Latino standing next to me.

For me I spent all that time healing my life and getting it in order. I struggled with sever anxiety/panic over the years that left me as more of a shut in bordering on agoraphobia. So now I have been working on healing that and taking myself out all over the place. From parks, to museums and amusement centers. My biggest adventure was spending a week in Washington DC, for the Smithsonian. Hopefully I'll continue that momentum and keep taking myself further and further. Get myself into a better job, and just truly love and live life. Maybe one day write a book about it all.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skitz, I'm glad you're over your alcoholism. Maybe we can see your tattoos. I LARP, too. My game is Amtgard. What's yours? SCA? Dagorhir? I was actually park champion twice. But that's not too impressive, because when I became champion, there were only about five dues-paid members, and three of them had other park officer roles. I fought in a tournament during a big Feast celebration with over a hundred people, but many of them were visitors from other parks in other states and provinces, many of them were under 18, and almost all the rest were cheapskates who didn't pay $5 for their membership, and therefore ineligible to be officers. So, victory by default. I've made it to the local Amtgard park here and swung stick a few times. It was a surprisingly long drive. These Seatte-area towns are really sprawled out, and the traffic is is a standstill.
Young, how was your trip to DC? I want to hear all about it.
And what might Waf be up to? Waf, come out of the woodwork! WAF WAF WAF WAF WAF!

brady-kj.deviantart.com
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tauhid, I hope to see your net comic soon.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: