Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Spark: Agents of Yu-Shan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonmystic
Spark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Spark: Agents of Yu-Shan Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm the guy that got a new spark placement for Agents of Yu-Shan.

I'm the writer for the comic, (not the super-talented artist.) And just figured I'd advertise on a webcomic that I enjoy reading myself. ^^;;

I figured I'd make a post here to drum up any questions/discussion you might have about it, and try to answer without forcing you to make a forum account linked with AoY.

Anyway, here's the basic FAQ to get things rolling.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, and nice FAQ! That does make some things clearer. I'm looking forward to the prologue, too.

What would you think about adding some quick notes to the Bios page for easy reference? For example, I'd be interested to know what type of Exalt each person is (unless that would be a spoiler), to get a better sense of the different factions. So far I'd hazard a guess that Clang is an Alchemical and Marcus is a Lunar. Cheese!

...Actually, the FAQ also raises a new question: What's it like to be punched into a duck? Shocked
Dragonmystic
Spark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of making each character panel clickable, taking you to a more descriptive page for each one of them (as much as possible, anyway.)

Marcus is a Lunar, yes. Clang is tooooooooooooooootttallly not an alchemical. What would ever give you that idea? >..>

Being punched into a duck is gross. You have to eat millet and grass, and all the cool ducks at the duck pond shun you for being a poser. And then you still have to do all your work, but you don't have hands any more.
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for stopping by. I saw Agents of Yu-shan in the sparks page and added it to my weekly rounds. Smile I had never heard of Exalted before. It sounds like a fun game.

A couple of quick questions,

• Do exalts eat or drink?
  • In 1.13 that guy says, "Just trust me. Your past incarnation did." That means Gaelen was an exalt of that type in his past life? The FAQ implies they lose their Exalt powers on death. (Sorry if I'm too confused.)
  • Potato?

Dragonmystic wrote:
Being punched into a duck is gross. You have to eat millet and grass, and all the cool ducks at the duck pond shun you for being a poser. And then you still have to do all your work, but you don't have hands any more.

So basically high school.
Dragonmystic
Spark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tulsileaf wrote:

A couple of quick questions,

• Do exalts eat or drink?
  • In 1.13 that guy says, "Just trust me. Your past incarnation did." That means Gaelen was an exalt of that type in his past life? The FAQ implies they lose their Exalt powers on death. (Sorry if I'm too confused.)
  • Potato?

• Yes. They are better than typical mortals though, so can go longer without having to.
  • Souls are complicated. First off, they're split in two: the Hun and the Po. The Hun is contains all logic and thoughts, (the conscious mind). The Po contains all emotions and bodily impulses (the unconscious mind). Hun and Po souls reincarnate separately, so it is rare to have them join together reincarnation after reincarnation.

Then the Exalted soul comes in, and makes it even more complicated. The Exalted soul is basically a shard of power, but it contains echoes of the Hun and Po souls it has bonded with in the past. The more powerful the Exalt gets, the more influential this gets.

Despite that fact, almost everybody who knows about Exalted souls thinks of the Exalt as the same person, just interrupted by death. The Caste of the Exalt stays the same (exceptions may or may not exist). For example, Ozzy's Exalted past life has always been a Chosen of Battles.

• Tomato?

Quote:

I don't know what kinda duck-based high-school you went to. Or when you didn't have hands @.@
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for explaining that. The soul stuff is... weird. (No offense intended.) Do memories transfer with souls through reincarnations?

Dragonmystic wrote:
Tomato?
Rutabaga.

Quote:
Quote:

I don't know what kinda duck-based high-school you went to. Or when you didn't have hands @.@
Ole Quacker High.
Dragonmystic
Spark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tulsileaf wrote:
Thanks for explaining that. The soul stuff is... weird. (No offense intended.) Do memories transfer with souls through reincarnations?

Dragonmystic wrote:
Tomato?
Rutabaga.

Quote:
Quote:

Ole Quacker High.

Some memories do, usually if they are strong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Art Exhibit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: