Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Rainslick Precipice of Darkness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Rainslick Precipice of Darkness Reply with quote

So, I know there are other fans of old-school console styled JRPGs that post here. People who, like me, remember FF VI as a great game with revolutionary graphics and a gripping plot and still consider Chrono Trigger one of the greatest games ever. I was just curious if anyone had picked up (or planned to pick up) Penny Arcade's Rainslick Precipice of Darkness 3.

It's made by Zeboyd games, a small indy developer that has put out two similar games (homages to old school 16 bit RPGs) called Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World. Both games got good reviews, but somehow didn't get my money until now.

Anyway, if you're interested in such games, you might want to hit Steam up. You can get all three for $4.99 until July 2. I'm downloading them now, and will likely sacrifice my weekend on the alter of classic console RPGing.
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrono Trigger is still one of my all time favorite games. I have bought it each time they remake it for different consoles. It would be great if games of today would incorporate Chrono Trigger's vast multiple endings.

As for Rainslick, I have not played the first two and don't know if I would feel cheated jumping into the third one and miss key plot points. I also have way too much on my plate at this time for video games. I am currently playing through my second run of Diablo 3. I have Starcraft 2 sitting there as well.

Yesterday they released DLC for Skyrim, that I have still not finished yet. As well as DLC for Mass Effect 3... Even if it changes the ending of the game.

I still want to play Darkness 2 as the first one was a great game. I also want to play The Old Republic MMO, even though I do not like MMO's. Have yet to find one that kept me playing and this one does not have the best reviews.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the information I've picked up, Rainslick 3 fills in enough of the backstory in the intro that I'll know what's going on. I figure I'll miss out on some of the more subtle in-jokes, but I think I'll live.

I tried a second run through of DIII, but I burnt myself out trying to run two characters through the game at the same time (that way I get more chance to use the dropped gear with the shared stash). Now I've got my Witch Doctor sitting in Act 1 Nightmare, a Wizard at the beginning of Act II normal and a Demon Hunter near the end of Act 1 normal. And I don't particularly care to load the game up. I've got no idea how people find it enjoyable to keep playing this game over and over again in order to get slightly better gear. The third time I killed the Skeleton King, I was just done.
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was playing my first run of D3, and by run I mean the first play through. Not the entire run till hardcore. Just the first setting on easy.

It was kind of repetitive after awhile. Kill a group of baddies. Move on and repeat.

A guy I work with has been playing the game nonstop since he got it. He currently has a level 60 character. A level 37 character. A level 18 character and a level 15 character. He was at a level 60 character within the first week of having it. I have had it for two weeks and all I have is a level 43 character.

And then you are crazy if you are spending real cash on weapons in the game. And you have waaaaay to much money and should be giving me some.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: