Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

10 years
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: 10 years Reply with quote

True-magic.com turns 10 years old sometime around now. Is this not cause for months long bacchanalian revelry the likes of which the internet has never seen?

No? Ok, well at least have some fun with this mystical device that allows you to gaze back through the years and behold Aja's Demesne as it appeared to the men, women and otherkin of yore. Caution: Best viewed with Internet Explorer 5+ at 800x600 screen resolution.

And unlike the Mirror of Galadriel, you may touch (gosh, that mirror is so over-rated). Some of those things still work. Enjoy! Smile
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy craaaaaap. I have tutored kids who have been around for less time than True Magic.

Congrats, Aja and :D!
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XiaoCaity wrote:
Holy craaaaaap. I have tutored kids who have been around for less time than True Magic.

You people make me feel old.
I'm just 32. I shouldn't be feeling old yet.
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do so many people feel old when they're reminded of the existence of freakishly young people? It just reminds me that there are a lot of freaks running around.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone under 30 is still a kid in my book. Wink You can start feeling old when you get into the triple-digits, maybe.

And wow, TM has been around for ten years already? I'd completely forgotten to keep track. Well spotted, Tulsi!

*clicks link*

*crawls behind the couch to hide for the next decade*

I still kind of love those little door GIFs, though. <3
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
Anyone under 30 is still a kid in my book. Wink You can start feeling old when you get into the triple-digits, maybe.
And wow, TM has been around for ten years already? I'd completely forgotten to keep track. Well spotted, Tulsi!
*clicks link*
*crawls behind the couch to hide for the next decade*
I still kind of love those little door GIFs, though. <3

One shouldn't feel bad about website design mistakes in the past. So long as you've learned from them and not duplicated them we can all look back and chuckle (or shake our heads sadly at what we thought was good at the time).

Personally, the second greatest gift that the internet ever gave me was the news that Geocities was being taken down, and my early attempts at website/graphic design would be taken out back and shot somewhere then buried next to the thousands of unsold "E.T The Extraterrestrial" games in an Arizona landfill, never to be seen again.
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XiaoCaity wrote:

I had to double take when I read this.. As I thought you said you have tortured kids who have been around less time then True Magic...

And congrats, to Aja and 10 years of True Magic. If I ever looked back at stuff I drew 10 years ago... My retina's would burn off.

I actually have a drawing of Ed the Hyena I drew back in high school that I had redone before I had seen the original that someone shared who still had it all those years ago. It was scary seeing such old work. Glad to know I have improved some what.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, young! Indeed, it's always nice to see how you've improved over the years. I suppose it's more useful to be happy about the improvement, instead of bummed that you didn't start out perfect.

Not that there's anything wrong with hiding the evidence of earlier attempts. Forever.

see317 wrote:
Personally, the second greatest gift that the internet ever gave me was the news that Geocities was being taken down, and my early attempts at website/graphic design would be taken out back and shot somewhere then buried next to the thousands of unsold "E.T The Extraterrestrial" games in an Arizona landfill, never to be seen again.

...What was the greatest gift? Shocked
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
see317 wrote:

Likely the Archive Team which saved Geocities. Animated GIFs make it a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Grin
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tulsileaf wrote:
Aja wrote:
see317 wrote:

Likely the Archive Team which saved Geocities. Animated GIFs make it a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Grin

You ever wonder if your a terrible person Tulsi? Because bringing this to my attention makes you a terrible person. I was happy thinking my abomination had gone down quietly, to be forgotten by all but the few people who knew about it. But know I find out it might still be out there, lurking. Waiting for me to turn my back before it can grab me and drag me back into a world of terrible MSpaint pictures... Oh well, at least it's a nearly terabyte torrent. Surely, no one's going to download that beast just to seek out my past transgressions... right?

Also, Aja, the greatest gift the internet has ever given me is the knowledge that no matter how screwed up, weird or just plain wrong I think I am, somebody out there is worse, and easily locatable through a search engine of my choosing. It's a pretty nice feeling to know that I'm not that close to the bottom of the barrel when it comes to humanity. Well, that or unlimited access to the pron. Kind of a toss up there.

Oh, and e-friends. Really great being able to chat with people across the planet. Can't forget the whole friends thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: