Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Legend of Korra SPOILERS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amarath
Noble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://venatorphile.tumblr.com/post/24749855096/so-once-again-the-day-is-saved-thanks

Also- Twinkletoes.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amarath wrote:
http://venatorphile.tumblr.com/post/24749855096/so-once-again-the-day-is-saved-thanks

Also- Twinkletoes.

Yesterdays episode was another fantastic episode with a lot of twists and turns. As well as ending the thoughts of someone being someone else. My only complaints was I did not really care for the voices original cast members in the flashback. I guess I just loved the original too much. I also don't like that Aang was all serious, and seemed to be lacking in his original charm. But I guess 30 years later will do that to someone.

It also appears there is only one, or two, episodes left in a one hour season finale. I do believe it is a season finale, which gives hope that they may do at least one more season. With the ratings they are getting they'd be silly not to.
Riverfox237
Courtier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amarath wrote:

Also- Twinkletoes.

*dies laughing*

*composes self* So I'm totally cool that I was wrong about Tarlock being Amon; I was kinda starting to suspect it anyway, seeing as Amon doesn't have quite so many fits of the crazies as Tarlock. I gotta agree with Young a bit, I didn't fully care for the voice actors of the old avatar cast grown up either. But then, I'm also slightly dissatisfied with the new animation of this series. I feel like they put more effort into the fluidity and lifelikeness of the art int he old series, but now they're more focused on making everyone look 'pretty' and 'mature', and reverting back to the old anime tactic of limited the movement to compensate. It just doesn't flow as naturally somehow.

But I digress. These last two episodes were pretty darn cool. I don't think the season finale will be the series finale, because why else would they call all the episodes so far 'Book 1'?

Does anyone else feel like they played up Mako's practically obsessive worry about Korra and subsequent babying her when they found her just a little bit too much in order to emphasize the inevitable rift it will cause between Asami and Korra?
Amarath
Noble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverfox237 wrote:
Does anyone else feel like they played up Mako's practically obsessive worry about Korra and subsequent babying her when they found her just a little bit too much in order to emphasize the inevitable rift it will cause between Asami and Korra?
Yeah, for some reason, Mako has kindof always seemed overacted. First he blows up at Korra for doing her job, then he acts practically smitten with her two episodes later. Also Korra probably wouldn't have let him baby her if she wasn't half asleep.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic hour long end to a fantastic season.
Amarath
Noble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mako is a cheating jerk. He's freaking cheating on Asami. I now officially hate him. Peeved I hate that they romanticized his cheating on Asami, and Korra encouraging it.
Also, Korra got her bending back almost immediately, which was kind of dissapointing.
I don't know, this whole finale seemed kind of dissapointing. Some parts were awesome, though.

Also, I wonder what they're going to do for the next season.

Last edited by Amarath on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amarath wrote:
Mako is a cheating jerk. He's freaking cheating on Asami. I now officially hate him. Peeved

Other than that, and the fact that Korra got her bending back almost immediately, it was awesome. :D

Also, I wonder what they're going to do for the next season.

Yea, I didn't like the way the played out the love triangle....

It will be interesting next season. As you can tell from today's episode there was not supposed to be a second season as all plot pieces pretty much were resolved at the end of the episode.

So next season, which is supposed to be just as short as the show is only planned for 26 episodes. Of course that could change.

I see it two ways for next season. Continuing with her training as an Avatar now. Seeing if the Equalists will rebound or falter... Or they will skip ahead a few years and see an older gang.

There are still some things I would of liked to have seen them touch upon. Like Bumi, as well as what happened to Sokka and Soki. Azula, Ozai. Who Toph ended with. And of course what happened to Zuko's mom. My understanding is that Zuko is still alive during this show and is like a new Uncle Iroh traveling the world. Perhaps much of it will be answered in comic book form. I am currently reading the Broken Promise which shows some of the stuff, but is only a year after the first show ended and not much has changed.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, Amon's break up with the Lieutenant was sadder then Mako/Asami.
I mean, the dude was a true believer, and just found out his idol/leader was the enemy they'd all been fighting. Not only that, but as a blood bender, he was the living embodiment of a Bender using his powers to rule others.
That's gotta hurt.

Also: "Just like the good old days..."
Damn, Nick. I'm amazed that something like that scene made it onto the air on this station.
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news for Avatar and Korra fans as Nickelodeon as ordered another 26 episodes after the first 26 are up. Which would presumably put it into 4 seasons. As the first two seasons were the original 26 and the next 26 will probably be split into two more seasons.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/legend-of-korra-second-season/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: