Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Legend of Korra SPOILERS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riverfox237
Courtier

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH sweet! A spot I can ramble. =D

First off, gotta say I love Bolin. He is hilarious, even if he does occasionally act too much like Sokka. On the note of Sokka, in the second-to-newest episode where Korra goes to face Amon, she does have a flashback that clearly shows Sokka as an adult, and Aand doing...SOMETHING. I have a feeling that vision is going to be very important; it's entirely possible that somethign happened back in Aang's time that is now playing over into this situation. Or at the very least, Korra might be able to learn from Aang's past experiences.

Btw, someone mentioned to me that Mako got his name as a nod to the fans from the last series who were May/Zuko fans. 'Cause their 'ship' name was Mako. And he IS a firebender...Wink Would make sense. It's the only explanation I've heard that explains why they would give a firebender a clearly water-ish name, since mako is a kind of shark.

Also, I DO NOT TRUST ASAMI ONE BIT. She attached to him way to fast, and no one is that freakin' perfect. I suspect ties with Amon, although that may be too drastic. But we all know Korra and Mako are meant to be together (unless the script writers get really original and let her and Bolin get together, which I would not object to at all =D), so clearly something is going to go south AT SOME POINT.

Also, the fire ferret is the cutest thing ever. And Korra's polar bear dog is pure win. I want one.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverfox237 wrote:

Btw, someone mentioned to me that Mako got his name as a nod to the fans from the last series who were May/Zuko fans. 'Cause their 'ship' name was Mako. And he IS a firebender...Wink Would make sense. It's the only explanation I've heard that explains why they would give a firebender a clearly water-ish name, since mako is a kind of shark.

Mako is a nod to the last series.. It is a nod to Uncle Iroh. The person who voiced uncle Iroh, his name was Mako. He died before the original ever finished. It is probably why Iroh did not have much of a speaking role in the last season.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young wrote:
Riverfox237 wrote:
Mako is a nod to the last series.. It is a nod to Uncle Iroh. The person who voiced uncle Iroh, his name was Mako. He died before the original ever finished. It is probably why Iroh did not have much of a speaking role in the last season.

Riverfox, you should find that person and beat them. Don't stop until they apologize for being terrible.
If they go unconscious before they apologize, remember: that's not an apology.

That's why Iroh's Story in Tales of Ba-Sing-Se was dedicated to Mako, it wasn't any reference to 'ships.
Noble

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home...

Music
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, that episode. And that scene. ;_;
Only time I've ever come close to crying while watching a cartoon.

Mako was awesome, and it's pretty great that they named a hero after him.

Riverfox237 wrote:
I DO NOT TRUST ASAMI ONE BIT.

Indeed. XD She's so obviously suspicious, I almost wonder if the writers are trying to mislead us, and really she's a great person. Doesn't seem likely, but...

Heh. I can just picture Korra yelling at her, "Hurry up and turn out to be evil already!"

Riverfox237 wrote:
But we all know Korra and Mako are meant to be together (unless the script writers get really original and let her and Bolin get together, which I would not object to at all =D)

Yeah, I'd actually be happy about Korra getting together with either one of them. They're both great guys in their own way.

Also, I cannot overstate how awesome it is that they got all of that love triangle stuff out in the open AND resolved most of the angst around it in one episode. They could have dragged that out for ages, and it's so refreshing that they didn't.

Looking forward to seeing where things go from here. :D
Riverfox237
Courtier

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief, See, you guys are perfectly welcome to object to my friend's theory, but I'm not going to beat her. It's not her fault she didn't know about Iroh's voice actor, sheesh! XD That is a touching tribute then. I don't keep up with behind-the-scenes stuff and really didn't even get to watch msot of the series until it was pretty much over, so I wouldn't have heard anything about that. I shall pass on the news.

XD I do like the mental image of Korra yelling at Asami to turn out evil already.

And Bolin does seem to be developing a personality of his own that isn't TOO much like Sokka now. For instance, I can't be sure if I could really imagine Sokka burting into tears if he saw the girl he likes kissing his brother (if he had one). But that may be up for debate, considering how spastic Sokka was on occasion. XD Oh Sokka, I miss you.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverfox237 wrote:
Good grief, See, you guys are perfectly welcome to object to my friend's theory, but I'm not going to beat her. It's not her fault she didn't know about Iroh's voice actor, sheesh! XD That is a touching tribute then. I don't keep up with behind-the-scenes stuff and really didn't even get to watch msot of the series until it was pretty much over, so I wouldn't have heard anything about that. I shall pass on the news.

What if it's only a minor beating? No bats or blunt instruments or anything... maybe a feather pillow? Not for being wrong, just for being a shipper. Surely that's worth at least a mild beating?

Sorry, I meant it as a joke. I don't encourage severe beatings of ones friends or family (in most cases).
Courtier

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see317 wrote:
What if it's only a minor beating? No bats or blunt instruments or anything... maybe a feather pillow? Not for being wrong, just for being a shipper. Surely that's worth at least a mild beating?

Sorry, I meant it as a joke. I don't encourage severe beatings of ones friends or family (in most cases).

But she's not REALLY a shipper...okay, she is to some degree, but so are most fans, I think it was just a theory she had that it was to play TO the shippers. Plus, come on, they DID get married, so does that even count? XD

No worries, I knew you were joking. Wink I will discuss with her whether or not a beating by feather pillow is acceptable once she knows exactly how wrong she was.
Amarath
Noble

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to not have an opinion on Asami until we learn more about her. Personally, I'd like it if Korra and Asami became friends, and Asami was a good guy.
Riverfox237
Courtier

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon watching today's newest episode, I have a new theory: Councilor Tarlock as Amon. They're both power-hungry, and it lets him play from both sides. Even Amon's minions don't realize it. Also explains why Amon won't show his face, even if he WAS 'scarred' from some shady unprovable story of a firebender who attacked his family which may or may not be true. He's even doing that 'gravelly voice' thing, exactly like how Bruce Wayne does when he's Batman. Just something to think about~

Also, I totally called Tenzin and Lin before they actually said it. XD The idea that Tenzin's wife stole him from her is HILARIOUS!
Also, Tenzin totally said 'criminy'. That makes me happy.
"I'm surprised our chief of police didn't throw her in jail."
"Oh, she tried."
Tenzin is amazing when he's flustered. XD

And of course, the best quote of the night:
"One of them is in the booth with me right now, folks! He is leveling one of those glove devices at me now, and I believe he is about to electrocute me! I am currently wetting my pants!"

On the plus side, at least it was the jerk leader of the Wolfbats who lost his bending. Still tragic, though. And the whole bit about 'cleansing them of their impurity' is crock, 'cause bending is NOT what made those guys unbelievable jerks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: