Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Alien Ninja Turtles - wha?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saint Cy
Spark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the first TMNT again recently and I think it holds up well. I want to watch the second one again, it's the one I remember least. The CGI one I liked, the character stuff was good.

I also watched the first few episodes of the 80's cartoon again kind of recently, and it was HILARIOUS.

As for this new one, I don't know. I'll be cautiously optimistic, too. And maybe it's a misunderstanding? I mean, the mutagen was alien in the comics...

Then there's also the new cartoon series, where Donatello will have a naginata instead of a bo staff, and Michelangelo will have kusarigama instead of nunchaku...
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been enjoying the new comic book series, although it takes some liberties. In that series, the turtles were injected by Baxter Stockwell with a growth formula and an alien material that affects their brains, and then they escaped and grew up.

I hope the alien turtles thing is a misunderstanding, and it seems like the most likely explanation.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone watched Nick's reboot of the cartoon? I have only glanced some of it. It's not too bad it incorporates some of the later cartoons into the fold.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've caught a few episodes of the new cartoon. It's not too bad.
It's had some good lines in it, but it's too early to judge really. Bit odd having April as a teenager though, might just be me.
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I thought the teenager thing was weird too. It's a new trend on Nick shows as their Iron man adventures has Tony as a teenager when he creates iron man.

I was surprised to see well known actors doing voices for the cartoon.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's bring some life into this forum... Nudge Nudge

I was reluctant on seeing this movie.. After seeing what Bay did to my beloved transformers... And his inept ability of telling a story that is linear and follows its own logic.. And, I loved the original movies. Just picked them up on Blue-Ray, 4 pack, for 14 bucks. Too good to pass up.

The movie in itself was not a bad movie... I did like that each turtle had distinct differences between them, not just color difference.. However there looks were kinda creepy, and someone needed to tell Raphael to put the steroids down. I also did not think Tony Shaloub was a good choice for the voice of Splinter. Plus they made splinter kind of a jerk. I was not fond of Shredder's look, but I realize if the character existed today, he would have top of line technology at his disposal, so that look was possible.

Most people complained there was too much April O' Neil, Megan Fox and not enough turtles. A la the Godzilla issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: