Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy New Year!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Happy New Year! Reply with quote

I know some of you people live in the future and are already watching the end of life as we know it in the year 2012. I imagine the Earth is spontaneously combusting and blood raining from the heavens. Cats and dogs may be living together, though it's too early to tell for certain at this point, I'd imagine.

For me though, it's coming up on 11:45 in 2011. I'm tired though, and thinking about going to bed sooner rather then later.

With that said, happy new year all.
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year!

There doesn't seem to be any blood rain as of yet, but my dog and my cat have been cohabiting the couch with unexpected goodwill...
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh...
Humanity makes me sad sometimes.
NASA, the US Space Agency, apparently got so many questions regarding the end of the world via Mayan apocalypse in 2012 that they had to put up a page to explain why it's idiotic.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year! <3
It's still pretty new on the second day, right?

That NASA page is good, but I'm also a fan of the Sheldon theory.
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*snorkcackle* Oh, that's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Thus far the new year has been a MASSIVE improvement over 2011. (Hated 2011. Had a really, really crappy year.)

For a start, I just spent three days watching every single episode of the animated Tintin series in order. Woohooo!

(On that subject, if you haven't seen the Tintin movie and you liked the books/series, for the love of all that is good and fluffy, go see it. It was incredible! Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock. NUFF SAID.)
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011 ended on a pretty harsh down note for me, so I'm really hoping 2012 sees me earning a paycheck again.

This whole not having a job thing sucks.

But enough about me, anyone making new years resolutions want to share with the class?
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have many resolutions, but why the smeg not?

* Write more. Write every damn day, even if it's just a few lines of character description when a new muse tackles me from behind.
* Get my %(&)%#&)%#( Cert III finished so I can try get some work, even if it's just a crappy receptionist job. Sick of relying on Centrelink.
* Try to make it through a whole year without ending up on painkillers, prednisolone or, god forbid, BOTH.
* Finish my S-Rank challenge in Phantasy Star Portable 2. I've been at it a month already... is so hard! (Which is why I'm doing it, but still.)
* Watch more classic Doctor Who.
* Keep in closer contact with the small part of my family that isn't composed of sex maniacs, chauvanists, thieves and drug addicts. (Oh how I wish I was joking.)

How about you guys?
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year!

Aja wrote:
That NASA page is good, but I'm also a fan of the Sheldon theory.
The druids say 2012 will be a good year. Smile

see317 wrote:
This whole not having a job thing sucks.
That does suck. On the upside you can be awake when everyone else is again.

XiaoCaity wrote:
How about you guys?
I don't think I'll make any seeing how I failed at it last year.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I resolve to try something new every week. This week I went to a writer's group. Next week, I will write a profile on an on-line dating site. I do have a profile on another dating site, but the site isn't letting me add pictures or invite friends to write testimonials, although it requires me to do both of those before I can look at other people's profiles.

As for the Mayan/Olmec calendar, December 21st is the end of the 13th baktun, and the beginning of the 14th. When the first cycle of 20 baktuns is over, we will move onto the second cycle. However, 13 being an important number to the Mayans and this December 21st being the point when the sun crosses the galactic equator on a winter solstice, it is probable that they believed a significant event to happen at that point. I hope it involves mutants.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, See. Well... let's say that your old job just made room for a much better one!

My only resolution is the same as Xiao's first one: Write every day, even if it's just a few lines. Some years I've hardly written at all except for NaNoWriMo, and even then I've skipped a lot of days. (It's too easy to get by with a couple 5-10K days each week.) I really want to turn it into a daily habit, instead of something I just catch up on once in a while.

So far, so good. :D

brady kj wrote:
I resolve to try something new every week.

That sounds like a good one -- flexible enough to stay fun all year, maybe. Let us know what you come up with for other weeks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: