Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

151 & 152
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverfox237 wrote:
LIES! I refute these terrible lies! It must be possible SOMEHOW! Flying squirrels are soft and cuddly as well as able to fly, and if nature can do it, why not SCIENCE? Or rather, toy manufacturers.

The real irony here is that I was actually thinking about the flying simian when I wrote my last comment. XD Thank you for reading my mind, See. (Although the flying rat couldn't work quite like that, for the fact that it's legs are woefully and adorably too short.)

Because nature gets to use things like bones and muscles and tendons that provide rigidity for a stable air frame shape while also being able to be relaxed to provide cuddleability as needed. While it's pretty easy to get these bits inside a plushy, to actually get them to act right in said plushy is a good deal more difficult. (Just as Dr.Frankenstein found out... few people know he started off trying to build a stuffed dog that would cuddle up with him at night without all the unpleasantness of having to clean up after it).

Seriously though, I think the general idea and design could work for the sparkle rats too. Instead of the stretchy bit being in the arms, you stretch the tail out. If you look at 135, the flying sparkle rat appears to have quite a long tail.
Courtier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverfox237 wrote:
squirrels are soft and cuddly

Don't be fooled! That's how they attract their prey!
Devilin Richer
Noble

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*falls victim to deadly but cuddly squirrel*

X_X
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooo!

Darn squirrels, pick on someone your own size. Peeved
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: