Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Screw?

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Zela
Spark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Response to latest page: MOOHAHAHAHAAAA)
:D
<_<
>_>
Dang, she's good.
The unjust hath the just's umbrella
-Ogden Nash
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! Yeah, we know Madam Aja far too well to fall for her trickery. Unless she knows we know. Then she'd have it done exactly as it appears to be. But she knows we know she knows we know. However, we can't under estimate her; she knows we know she knows we know she knows we know. Perhaps she hasn't thought this far. Perhaps she has in which case she knows we know she knows we know she knows we know she knows we know. But then she knows we wouldn't stop there. Clearly, she knows we know she knows we know she knows we know she knows we know she knows we know...
KitFang
Spark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe...indeed, Tulsi, we do know our fair Aja too well. (Or do we?! Maybe this is all a horrible twist...a product of the rewrites! From now on, the part of Jen will be played by Sir Sissyboots and his dancing hay-pile! Oh Snap )

Speaking of hay...I've been wondering when he was going to realize they were in a stable. With animals--large animals. That leave...droppings. Large droppings.
I rather hope that's what did him in.
(Though it's clearly a perfectly suitable place to enjoy a bottle or two of hooch. So maybe it's not all that bad.)

That or she threw that horse blanket in his face, and while he tolerates the dust and dirt from his own noble steed--he could never stand for the unknown mites and dander from just any old equine.

Quote:
"scru" reminded me of "scrap" or "scrub" or "scruffy." But the most fitting candidate for our fake etymology is probably "scruple" (second entry, meaning a very small amount)

I think my favs there would have to be scrap or scruple. Scrap would seem to indicate something left over from everyday use... But scruple has an air of dignity that scrap lacks. *ponders* I suppose we may never know the exact etymological history behind one of our new favorite fantasy-world words.

Also, my love for Mr. Burgundy continues to grow. He's so helpful and chatty! And doesn't seem to care a whit about the fact that he's talking to commoners. And I love those bangs. :3

Also, I have wondered...just how many men out there who truly believed a woman was about to have her way with him, would try to stop her. >_> (Barring those in committed relationships or with an active distaste for the woman involved. I'd certainly hope there's plenty of men that would be all "Hold up, chicky, you're not the one I love! Back off!" And...of course I'm sure there's plenty out there that would say "No way" to a woman they absolutely didn't like.) Maybe I just answered myself as to why this noble was having none of it... Or maybe he just really wanted to stab something.

Also, Jen looks better in his boots than he did. And I'm positively dying to know what she did with her bosom. Did she wrap herself? Or is she saying to hell with actually looking like a very feminine man, and letting her lady lumps shine through?! Either way, she is one hell of a quick-change artist. (Unless we're all wrong and she's bleeding out on the floor. <_< >_> )

Also, not knowing what Bob found as he was peering arou--okay...shutting up now. I...I'm sorry I ramble. ::hangs head in shame::
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tulsileaf wrote:
Yeah, we know Madam Aja far too well to fall for her trickery. Unless she knows we know.

Ohoho, I know. But I'll have to get up earlier in the morning to pull one over on you guys, I see. Wink

*adjusts future plans for trickery*

And, er... yes. Let's assume that the stable is rigorously maintained, and that particular stall hasn't recently been occupied by a large quadruped, and that's fresh hay. Yes.

(Where's an :eyeshift: emoticon when you need one?)

KitFang wrote:
I'm sure there's plenty out there that would say "No way" to a woman they absolutely didn't like. [...] Or maybe he just really wanted to stab something.

A little of Column A, a little of Column B. Cheese!
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many men would say No way. Letting a strange woman has her way with you could lead to venereal diseases. Or worse... Babies.

P.S. I still think the word scruppence is derived from screw.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those without scruppence have been screwed by those without scruple. Yes, that seems to work out.

Mr. Etymology wrote:
c.1400, from M.Fr. escroue "nut, cylindrical socket, screwhole," of uncertain etymology; not found in other Romanic languages. Perhaps via Gallo-Romance *scroba or W.Gmc. *scruva from V.L. scrobis "screw-head groove," in classical Latin "ditch, trench," also "vagina" (Diez, though OED finds this "phonologically impossible"). Kluge and others trace it to L. scrofa "breeding sow," perhaps based on the shape of a pig's penis (cf. Port. porca, Sp. perca "a female screw," from L. porca "sow"). A group of apparently cognate Germanic words (M.L.G., M.Du. schruve, Du. schroef, Ger. Schraube, Swed. skrufva "screw") often are said to be French loan-words.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: