Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghost's of forumers past...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Ghost's of forumers past... Reply with quote

So, as I was feeling a little nostalgic the other day.. I was curious if anyone has talked to the old ThoIR members from back in that day. And perhaps what they may be up to today. It's been what, a decade since we all converged on that little spot in cyberspace?

So to rattle off a short list of people that are long gun, such as Crankypants, Babs, Skittles, Dr. McCoy, Waf, SibInBlue, and I'm sure a few others I've left out.

I see CreepyBob from time from time on DeviantArt. And see317 and bradykj from time to time here.

There rest are MIA?
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're off an an epic space adventure and didn't invite us.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of them are on Twitter. ♥
@Jodith, @ArtFrederick, @TheRealDrMcCoy, @7auhid

I still wonder about the rest: SIB, Skittles, Cousin Cranky... that guy with the sweet Daft Punk avatar...

Are their lives going well? Do they still hang out online? Will they bring us souvenirs when they get back from their space adventure? Shocked
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just do not get the Twitter thing. It's like a giant public text message. I use FB for keeping up with Family and close friends that I would not be able to do otherwise. I will say it is hilarious that Dr. Mcoy took up the handle, the real drmccoy.

I also would like to know if they will bring us back some souvenirs from their giant space adventure and am feeling a little left out that they did not ask us to come along...

Just curious to see where life has taken everyone. Some of them were so young when we first met, and were still in high school and some fresh out. Waf, I believe is a father now. And spends most of his time doing Pitfalls and Penguins. Which I am assuming is some alternate form of Chutes and Ladders.

Babs, last I spoke to her, and this was like 6 years ago, she was running her own admin business that was picking up traction.

Bob, is creating the zombie virus that will doom us all... Shocked

The rest, I have not heard anything from. Oh, I remembered another forumer. Was it Funk Robot? The guy with the robot avatar, that we had an epic art battle... That was fun.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still peek in now and then, but it's hard to post when nobody else is posting.
Feels like talking in a dark room. Sure, there might be other people around, but there's also a pretty good chance you're just talking to yourself.

As for Twitter, never really got it either. But I've quickly grown to hate it as now, damned near every show I watch feels it necessary to toss a twitter feed at the bottom of the screen, or hashtag any kind of memorable moment on the show. Sorry Twitter people, I don't care what you think about Top Gear, especially not while I'm trying to watch Top Gear.
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I know what you mean. The other parts of the forum do not remain as active as the comic section. Which, is normal, since this is a comic forum. Most of them just end up going days, or weeks to months without replies.

Hashtags are not just twitter anymore. Facebook uses them, instagram uses them...

Oh, and Pinterest I do not understand that one either.. All I know is there are some rich people out there that came up with the dumbest things.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a long time Twitter struck me as a forum for narcissists, because you write messages to everyone else, but instead of being on a shared page, they're on your individual page, and then your followers post. Later, I figured I misunderstood it and it's more of a blog website for people who don't like writing. I prefer forums, but there doesn't seem to be many people on forums anymore. If I want to discuss a topic, I want to go to a shared website for people to discuss that topic.
As for Pinterest, I'm not sure what that is. Is that the one with all the pictures, but isn't an art website? Is that what Instagram is, too?
Speaking of art websites, I used to see Bob on DeviantArt. I'm not on that much anymore, but I don't recall seeing anything by him lately.
I'd like to catch up with the others, and it might be worth it to join Twitter for it.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brady kj wrote:
I prefer forums, but there doesn't seem to be many people on forums anymore. If I want to discuss a topic, I want to go to a shared website for people to discuss that topic.
As for Pinterest, I'm not sure what that is. Is that the one with all the pictures, but isn't an art website? Is that what Instagram is, too?
Speaking of art websites, I used to see Bob on DeviantArt. I'm not on that much anymore, but I don't recall seeing anything by him lately.
I'd like to catch up with the others, and it might be worth it to join Twitter for it.

Twitter and FB killed forums, much like they are killing email. Doesn't help that trolls have a tendency to crop onto the larger forums, and people don't seem to be able to conduct themselves accordingly, because they are "adults" and should be able to do whatever they want. Eventually killing the forum in the process...

The next thing for discussing these days, is blogs.. But, they are not the same as a forum discussion.

Pinterest is exactly what it sounds like. It's a giant pin board, where you can pin things that you like to it.. And others can see it, or share those pins...

Bob just posted his first piece on Deviantart in a long time... He said he does not frequent deviantart that much these days. I think he did mention he stops somewhere else from time to time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: