Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

General Movie Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
Tangled is awesome. Cheese! I think Maximus was my favorite character. From the trailers I saw, I assumed he'd be the standard "rogue's animal sidekick," but he was very much... not. *snrk* Loved the fencing scene with the sword and the frying pan.

You should know this is the weirdest thing I've ever done. Razz

Maximus was good, all the characters in this one was good as well. The story was fantastic that it has you hooked and feeling for the characters until the very end.

Despicable Me was a good flick as well. I enjoyed it. Megamind I don't have an opinion on. I have seen it, but have not formed an opinion on it.

Now for Theaters I have seen a few movies as of late. Pirates 4 was a good movie. I enjoyed it. It was loads better than the crap that was Pirates 3. The story was just so much going on it was like they were trying to multitask way to much.

Kung Fu Panda is fantastic. It's a great flick to see. It's just as good as the original.

X-Men first class was good as well. It's a good step into learning about the origins of the X-Men and others. It does help to know your X-Men characters as there are some characters you will go, who are you?

I am waiting for Green Lantern to come out. Transformers 3 I am skeptical about, but it does look good from the Trailers.. However, I'm not liking Shockwave's transformation into a giant snake that rips down Skyscrapers.

I did see billboards for LOTR returning for 3 days to the theaters. I suppose he needs more money. I also see that Legolas is returning for a 2 min cameo in The Hobbit.
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really enjoyed the new Pirates movie. It's not deep, but it's fun and FUNNY.

I'm looking forward to First Class, it looks absolutely incredible. Cuban Missile Crisis with mutants? HELL yes! Also looking forward to Kung Fu Panda 2.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young wrote:

I am waiting for Green Lantern to come out. Transformers 3 I am skeptical about, but it does look good from the Trailers.. However, I'm not liking Shockwave's transformation into a giant snake that rips down Skyscrapers.

I did see billboards for LOTR returning for 3 days to the theaters. I suppose he needs more money. I also see that Legolas is returning for a 2 min cameo in The Hobbit.

Has it been confirmed that the skyscraper eating space worm is Shockwave? I could see them trying to call it astro-train possibly, or maybe just a random decepticon super weapon or something. But not Shockwave. But then, what do I know? When I was growing up, shockwave was a purple gun.
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see317 wrote:

Has it been confirmed that the skyscraper eating space worm is Shockwave? I could see them trying to call it astro-train possibly, or maybe just a random decepticon super weapon or something. But not Shockwave. But then, what do I know? When I was growing up, shockwave was a purple gun.

There was a USA Today article on Transformers character Shockwave. They talked about his exoskeleton form which was the giant snake you see in the trailers. They wanted him to be this powerful robot. It could be possible that he has two forms like Megatron.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that kind of sucks. I mean, Shockwave was always the smart one, the one who could kick your ass not because he was bigger or stronger but because he just straight up out thought you at every turn. He was like an evil giant robot batman.

Kind of depressing if he's going to go from that to giant building eating techno-worm.
I'll still see the movie of course. I mean, just because I'm depressed doesn't mean I'm not a nerd.
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see317 wrote:
Man, that kind of sucks. I mean, Shockwave was always the smart one, the one who could kick your ass not because he was bigger or stronger but because he just straight up out thought you at every turn. He was like an evil giant robot batman.

Kind of depressing if he's going to go from that to giant building eating techno-worm.
I'll still see the movie of course. I mean, just because I'm depressed doesn't mean I'm not a nerd.

Shockwave was the evil one. Perhaps on par if not more evil than Megatron. He was the evil geneticist scientist who tortured and destroyed Transformers for his experiments. Creator of Devestator. I wonder what form Devestator will take for this movie. He's had two so far.

I will see it because my understanding is that Bay was only doing a Trilogy so this is the end of the Trilogy.

I also don't like that they built you up to feel for Mikala and then she got herself out of the movie to be replaced with a different girl. I guess that I love you and I need you was only a temporary feeling. Rolling Eyes

Hopefully this movie will not have plot holes in the actual movie. Let alone Robots that die just to come back. Granted Prime did die in the original just to come back. I do like that this movie will have another Prime in it.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEE, good to hear the theaters are playing LOTR just for you!

I loved loved loved Megamind! Right from the beginning where they showed the extremely parallel origins of the alien superhero and villain. Is Megamind the first work ever to do that?
And X-Men First Class: I was kind of expecting it to suck. But it was like they took everything good about James Bond and merged it with everything good about the X-Men. It's amazing!

brady-kj.deviantart.com
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Green Lantern 3D last weekend. I thought it was pretty good. They did a good job with the cast choices for the different characters, and the special effects were real good.

I'm still iffy about Ryan Renolds are Green Lantern. Though he wasn't The Lantern for much of the movie.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young wrote:
I saw Green Lantern 3D last weekend. I thought it was pretty good. They did a good job with the cast choices for the different characters, and the special effects were real good.

I'm still iffy about Ryan Renolds are Green Lantern. Though he wasn't The Lantern for much of the movie.

I walked out feeling a little dissapointed myself. I just felt it could have (and should have) been a much better movie. Maybe I've been spoiled by actual competence in some recent scifi/fantasy films...
So many small things that just annoy me. Maybe it would have made more sense if I read GL comics, but I don't.

This article pretty much sums it up: (Warning, spoilers and bad language)
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/06/topless_robot_presents_the_best_scenes_from_the_gr.php
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see317 wrote:

I walked out feeling a little dissapointed myself. I just felt it could have (and should have) been a much better movie. Maybe I've been spoiled by actual competence in some recent scifi/fantasy films...
So many small things that just annoy me. Maybe it would have made more sense if I read GL comics, but I don't.

This article pretty much sums it up: (Warning, spoilers and bad language)
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/06/topless_robot_presents_the_best_scenes_from_the_gr.php

I was saying the Characters, and special effects were good..

After glancing at a few of the topless robot comments I agree with what they are saying.

He was kinda whiny, and needy in the movie. I wasn't sure if that was how Hal really was. I knew he was arrogant, and conceited.. Then again many male Marvel Characters are. Johnny Storm, Thor, Hal Jordan. To name a few. Just so he got the confidence at the end to save the day. He wasn't really a loveable character, IMO.

I've commented to others that the movie wasn't realistic to what would actually happen on Earth.. Hero, with ring that can manifest whatever the wearer thinks.. Every government on the planet would be after The Green Lanterns. To get that ring and try and harvest its power.

There also wasn't much knowledge of the lanterns... It focused a lot on Hal... But I guess that was the point.

I probably won't go and see it again. I think once is enough for me.

So far, Thor has been my favorite Marvel movie this year. I don't really have a lot of feelings towards Captain America, but you never know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: