Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

General Movie Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't big on the movie Resident Evils, but the new one looked decent.

Speaking of Video Games turned movie. I just watched Prince of Persia. I thought it was very well done. Course it is Jerry Bruckheimer. The main female was very pretty don't think I've seen her in anything else before this. I'm not of fan of Jake, however.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw RED a few days ago.
Excellent movie, go see it if you get the chance. It's really got something for everyone.
Humor, explosions, guns, little bit of romance.

Kind of dissapointing to see it coming in behind Jackass at the box office though.

Also: Any upcoming movies you're looking forward to?
Got Tron on my "Got to see" list, as well as HP7, Green Hornet early next year is working it's way onto the list with every preview I see.

On the "Might see, or might not" list: Drive Angry, where in Nic Cage escapes from hell and hunts down the cult that killed his wife and kidnapped his daughter. Also, The Rock's new movie, nice to see him back to action movies rather then the family friendly ones he's been putting out.
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Hornet's the only movie I'm looking forward to before Green Lantern comes out. However, Green Hornet and (I gather) some Tron movie are the only ones I know of that are coming out before Green Lantern. I live isolated in a cave.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Blue Ray I just saw how to train your dragon, and found it phenomenal. They do some good work, that dreamworks.

In the theater the only things on my radar at this time is Harry Potter 7a, and Megamind. I'm not much of a Will Ferrell fan, but this one looks pretty good. Not a fan of Jonah Hill, either.

Green Hornet doesn't really do much for me. Seth Rogen is hit or miss with me. You either love it, or hate it, and everyone else loves the movie you hate. Like Pineapple Express. Which I thought was crap.
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to see Resident Evil Afterlife in 3D the other night. Not a deep movie, but hella fun, and Wesker was FAR more awesome than he was in Resident Evil 5 (not difficult, I admit, but he was EPIC).

I'm mostly looking forward to the next HP film, it comes out at the perfect time to be my 25,000 word reward for the NaNoWroMo. <3
Zela
Spark

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys? This isn't a movie, and everyone seems to have known about it since forever, but I only just discovered it last week aaaaand it is rocking my socks so who else here knew about the TV show Whose Line Is It Anyway?
My favourite guy is this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Aa8t8BU9Y&feature=feedf
He's so cute! And he can sing!! But I also love the other three regulars (I feel sorry for Colin on a regular basis) and the other semi-regulars are also great.
(As for movies, who else knew that Advent Children had an extended edition? I only found that out a couple months ago, and now I own the Blu-ray disc... and have no Blu-ray players. Bah. Technology.)
The unjust hath the just's umbrella
-Ogden Nash
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to love Who's Line.
Sadly, it lost a lot of quality when it came stateside.
Spark

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How so?
I haven't seen much of the British one. I think the American one is pretty awesome. Cheese! Maybe I will compare later.
Y'know what lost quality by coming stateside? Robot Wars. Confused
The unjust hath the just's umbrella
-Ogden Nash
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zela wrote:
How so?
I haven't seen much of the British one. I think the American one is pretty awesome. Cheese! Maybe I will compare later.
Y'know what lost quality by coming stateside? Robot Wars. Confused

Well, from what I've heard, the British version of the show that was aired was the distillation of several hours of actual improv work per episode, so any bit that fell short could be edited out. The American version didn't film for as long, so any bit that fell short was more likely to make it onto the air. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the American version too (and it has some downright hilarious moments), it just seemed a pale imitation after the original. Then again I do enjoy dry humor so your mileage may vary.

For comparison, have you watched Carrey's new show? Improv-a-ganza or something like that. He's essentially reassembled the cast of Who's Line and the Drew Carrey show for an improv show. Problem is they only have like three games a show on the episodes that I've seen. The bits go on too long and they just stop being funny and they just keep going.

As for Robot Wars, yesm can't argue that it was better with the British announcers. Still think Battle Bots was a better show and competition though. Really wish we could get some new shows along these lines. Need more robotic combat.
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmm, Battle Bots.

I remember watching Grant Imahara win several times. I squeed quite profusely when he turned up on Mythbusters. Mmmmm, Grant.

Yes, we need more battling robots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: