Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

New Years Resolutions?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: New Years Resolutions? Reply with quote

So, you guys have any?

Judging by my previous success maintaining new year resolutions, for 2010 I resolve to do the following:
Take up drinking.
Start smoking.
Experiment with a wide variety of highly illegal substances.

I figure I'm going to break my resolutions anyway, may as well be for the better.
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have resolved not to make any new years resolutions.

If I break this one I'm so totally screwed.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have four resolutions. The one that has the most relevance to you is that I resolve to post at least 40 pages of a comic on-line. I've had the first page very nearly finished for a long time, but I'm having trouble with a special effect. I'll build up a buffer of three pages before posting anything, though.
I also resolve to have a satisfactory job, or else go back to school to get one. Another resolution is to manage my finances more effectively. And finally, I resolve to have my apartment clean enough that I can invite people over without disgusting them, and even host parties here.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I resolve to go back to being a strict tee-totaller again for the rest of my days, because dealing with a crazy dog on New Years Eve while drunk was a.) frustrating beyond words and b.) incredibly bloody stupid.

I also resolve to write more fanfiction for my fellow Jowan fangirls, because nobody else seems to be writing any right now. (And because Oghren was a total hoot to write.)
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those all sound like good resolutions (especially the tee-totalling... I haven't tasted booze since I was six years old, and I have no regrets). XD

I'll look forward to seeing your comic when you have one, Brady. :D Regular comic drawing is one of the best workouts for your art-muscle.

My only specific and actionable resolution is to draw every day. I want to see the comic buffer grow and the commission queue shrink. So far, so good! (Though I might give this one a try, too.) Cheese!
Cemalidor
Spark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D There is wisdom within that statement of the comic strip. What a pity that i'm too lazy for any resolutions. Laughing
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
Those all sound like good resolutions (especially the tee-totalling... I haven't tasted booze since I was six years old, and I have no regrets). XD

I've tasted beer once since I was six. A year and a half ago my aunt handed me her beer and told me "This stuff is terrible. Taste how bad it is," while she looked for a better beer. I agreed it was bad, as it reminded me of the last beer I drank.

Aja wrote:
I'll look forward to seeing your comic when you have one, Brady. :D Regular comic drawing is one of the best workouts for your art-muscle.
It'll feature an alien warlord stranded on Earth, and the roommate helping him find his way home and out of his apartment.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Amarath
Noble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that alcohol tastes nasty (like humans), but I've only tasted wine.

@ Aja
Funny thing about that, My new years resolution is to get better at my art. :3

I shall look back at this picture in 1 year, and see if I've improved.

Last edited by Amarath on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zela
Spark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My resolution (which I made a few days AFTER New Year's - because I forgot that was the tradition) is to stay away from the coffee shop that's about 200 meters away from the UVic music school. Say no to crazy expensive fattening muffins!
This goes for most of the other food on campus as well. Some of it is not horrible (especially the Rice Krispie squares mmm Smug ) but it's all expensive and not terribly healthy unless you look in a few select spots. Which are healthier but still expensive. They make killer peanut-butter-banana smoothies on Fridays, though. I will make an exception for those.

Also to practice at least an hour of piano EVERY DAY. So far I'm averaging four hours. We'll see how that goes. Razz

Edit: I also stay away from alcohol, as after I get around the taste of so much as a sip it hits me in the head like a merry-go-round. And I also have a relatively new webcomic, but it hasn't been a huge struggle to keep it going so far. I'm making it an easy webcomic 'cause I'm just starting. Smile
The unjust hath the just's umbrella
-Ogden Nash
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amarath wrote:
I agree that alcohol tastes nasty (like humans), but I've only tasted wine.

When I was a kid, I thought the only people who drink wine are snooty millionaires who wear tuxedos and sometimes monocles. Except in church. I knew a lot of people sip wine in church, but that's always really awkward and weird.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: