Homeville
Open 25 Hours
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Halloween

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Amarath
Noble


Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 219
Location: Under your bed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Halloween Reply with quote

HALLOWEEN... was yesterday. Now I'm sad.
Our neighbors work for Hershies & they had giant candy bars. :D
I miss halloween already. My parents might not let me go tricker treating next year, & that means no candy... Very Sad
_________________
It doesn't matter what skin color you are, all humans have the same guts and blood on the inside. Unless there's something wrong with your liver or something like that. You all taste horrible, too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
see317
Royalty


Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 706

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Halloween Reply with quote

Amarath wrote:
HALLOWEEN... was yesterday. Now I'm sad.
Our neighbors work for Hershies & they had giant candy bars. :D
I miss halloween already. My parents might not let me go tricker treating next year, & that means no candy... Very Sad

That is not what it means. Not what it means at all.
What it means is you wait until november first and go to the nearest store and stock up on discount halloween candy with the money you otherwise would have spent on a costume to go trick or treating in.

Also, if it makes you feel better, I had to work last night. Graveyard shift over daylight savings time=not fun at all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Amarath
Noble


Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 219
Location: Under your bed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Halloween Reply with quote

see317 wrote:
That is not what it means. Not what it means at all.
What it means is you wait until november first and go to the nearest store and stock up on discount halloween candy with the money you otherwise would have spent on a costume to go trick or treating in.

Also, if it makes you feel better, I had to work last night. Graveyard shift over daylight savings time=not fun at all.



Thanks, See. :3
_________________
It doesn't matter what skin color you are, all humans have the same guts and blood on the inside. Unless there's something wrong with your liver or something like that. You all taste horrible, too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
see317
Royalty


Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 706

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help.
There's no reason to go candyless for halloween. Well, unless you're diabetic or morbidly obese or soemthing. But even then, they're small pieces of candy...

I would be a terrible morbidly obese diabetic.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
young
Royalty


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 364

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Halloween Reply with quote

see317 wrote:

Also, if it makes you feel better, I had to work last night. Graveyard shift over daylight savings time=not fun at all.



How does that work? Do you work nine hours, and only get paid for 8?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
see317
Royalty


Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 706

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Halloween Reply with quote

young wrote:
see317 wrote:

Also, if it makes you feel better, I had to work last night. Graveyard shift over daylight savings time=not fun at all.



How does that work? Do you work nine hours, and only get paid for 8?

I work 4x10s with an hour lunch, so I'm actually there for 12 hours. Don't get paid for my 1 hour lunch and put 11 on my time card. They haven't asked questions in the past.

On the other hand, in a few months, I get a night where I'm only there for 10 hours, instead of the normal 11. So in the long run it evens out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
young
Royalty


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 364

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wanted to work that shift.. The 4x10 shifts. And then have 3 days off instead of 2. Though some days working 10 hour shifts can be killer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cemalidor
Spark


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 32
Location: Vana'diel / Germany

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got just a 7 to 4 job, glad i don't have shifts like a friend had.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB