Homeville
Open 25 Hours
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

The Absolutely Best Kind of Potato is...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
brady kj
Royalty


Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 544
Location: Big Spoons

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when did Young not eat meat?
_________________
http://alienlife.thecomicseries.com/

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
young
Royalty


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 375

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amarath wrote:
What kind of yogurt are you talking about? If it's the unsweetened kind, then I agree with you, but if not, I disagree.



Frozen yogurt is the only one that I will touch the rest are nasty. I haven't really experimented around to find a good one since most i've tried make me want to puke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
young
Royalty


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 375

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brady kj wrote:
Since when did Young not eat meat?



I gave up meat almost two years ago.

On occasion I eat fish. I do enjoy me some Alaskan King Crab Legs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
see317
Royalty


Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 736

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does bacon still count as meat?
I had assumed that most vegans put bacon into some kind of not-meat category, seeing as how it is pure concentrated delicious in an edible form.

Man...
No bacon.

That's a hard choice to make, and I'm not seeing an upside that could convince me that it was the right one. Sure, improved cardio health, but to give up bacon?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
young
Royalty


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 375

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't catch a Vegan eating bacon... Only because Vegan is a lifestyle. Not just eating habits. Anything that is made by an animal is not eaten by a Vegan. including dairy, and eggs. Which means most deserts are out of the picture as well.

Not just eating them. They will not wear leather, or use any product that was tested on an animal as well.

Vegetarians are more relaxed in their eating. As they will consume dairy products, and probably wear leather. Depending on if they are "religious" with their feelings on animals.


I am more laxed, so I am vegetarian. Though, I do consume fish.

However no meats, or poultry. Bacon is still a meat. Since some don't consider foul to be meat for some reason. I am working to take fish out as well. Since to much fish is not good for you because of all the mercury.

So there ya go. More about food than you needed, or wanted, to know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 545
Location: Behind you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's why you don't eat yogurt, because you're a vegan.

Fish is amongst the most healthy food you can have. Where do you get yours from?
_________________
Use your powers for evil.
Donate and earn the right to say, "Tulsileaf exists thanks to me!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
young
Royalty


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 375

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tulsileaf wrote:
So that's why you don't eat yogurt, because you're a vegan.

Fish is amongst the most healthy food you can have. Where do you get yours from?



That's not FDA approved that omega 3 is good for you. Like I said constant eating of it will lead to mercury poisoning. I prefer shell fish. I love Crab Legs. Outback steak house has awesome crab legs. Expensive though. I also love shrimp, even though they are ugly critters.

I like a little bit of sushi, and Salmon tastes funny. I used to love flounder as a kid.. Not the movie character.

Yogurt is just plain nasty tasting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 545
Location: Behind you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, well, each to his own.

I'll just leave this here: http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm110591.htm
_________________
Use your powers for evil.
Donate and earn the right to say, "Tulsileaf exists thanks to me!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brady kj
Royalty


Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 544
Location: Big Spoons

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young wrote:
You wouldn't catch a Vegan eating bacon...

I'm sure somewhere there's somebody who eats almost nothing but bacon and calls himself a vegan.
_________________
http://alienlife.thecomicseries.com/

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Amarath
Noble


Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 219
Location: Under your bed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young wrote:
I like a little bit of sushi, and Salmon tastes funny.

I dissagree. Salmon is my favorite food. Smug
_________________
It doesn't matter what skin color you are, all humans have the same guts and blood on the inside. Unless there's something wrong with your liver or something like that. You all taste horrible, too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB