Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

The Story Telling Game!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amarath
Noble

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that.
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*raises hand*
Creepy Bob
Courtier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tulsileaf wrote:
*raises hand*

Uh, yes, but for what? ...the fact that I even have to ask this probably means I've used the expression "show of hands" quite incorrectly. Embarrassed
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you used it correctly. But apparently a few people interpretted it to mean "Who wants one of these two things?" to which they thought "I do! I do!"

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creepy Bob wrote:
Tulsileaf wrote:
*raises hand*

Uh, yes, but for what?

The queen.
Creepy Bob
Courtier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in: Chapter 3 compilation

A note before we begin: I've decided to use an actual historical figure, Eadgyth/Edith of England, wife of Holy Roman Emperor Otto I, as the Queen.
Her in particular? Because the fact that she died an unexpected premature death would perhaps be something we could fabricate a ridiculous reason for in our silly little story. Could be fun.
A real figure in general? Because the setting is a real-world place and I wanted to reflect it somehow. Trying to find someone sorta-kinda-maybe plausible for the place and (pseudo)era to shoehorn into this wacky narrative has given me a major headache. I know it was far from necessary for this kind of story, but try telling that to my obsessive side. Thanks a lot, Tulsi. Stern Wink

Now, without further ado:
Quote:
A runner burst into the rebel planning room.
"General Stache!"
"What is it, lad?"
"There is a platoon of lizard men and small folk at the barricades and--"
"Lizard men? You don't mean the Mad Lizard Men of !Mzt't, by any chance do you? By God, that's the last thing we needed! I had thought their supposed madness was just exaggeration, but if they're willing to ally themselves with hellspawn they--"
"The small folk with them don't appear to be imps, sir," the runner interupted. "They say that they're gnomes. Er, they're carrying crossbows."
"Why, that's even better! At least the imps were too stupid to use ranged weapons!" said Stache, wringing his hands.
"Sir, they say that they and the lizard men are here too help us. They want us to let them in so we can talk."
"They what? Do they think us utterly stupid, to fall for such an obvious ruse?"
"Sir! They say that they we're sent by Action Jack."
"Jack...?!"
General Stache sat quiet for a long while, then stood up and grabbed his plumed helmet from the table.
"I will go out and speak with them."

In the small town of Basingstoke in the outskirts of Westphalia, the trio had rented a room in a run-down inn. Missy was trying to explain her plan to her comrades, and not for the first time.
"Okay, let's take it from the top," she said, pinching the bridge of her nose. "The first step to even getting near Queen Edith..." She indicated the name on a large sheet of paper she had hung up with her pitchfork as a makeshift pointer. "...begins w--"
"The Alphonse would like to interject that her name is spelled 'EADGYTH'."
"Please, be quiet, The Alphonse."
"The Alphonse just thinks it's important that people's names are used prop--"
"Shut up. The first step to even getting near Queen Edith begins with..." She pointed with the pitchfork. "...Jack?"
Jack, who had been daydreaming about rescuing damsels in distress and the rewards thereof, jumped. "Uh..."
"Come on, I've told you this three times already!"

Anyone recognize the Basingstoke, Westphalia reference?
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cheated and Googled. Razz
Yeah, it's been a while since I've watched that. :meh:

Quote:
Before Jack could respond, a dark skinned man entered the room.
"Pardon, ze horses are ready."
"Thank you, Yannick" snapped Missy, slightly irate at the interruption.
"Ze creature, Fingel, has your clothes prepared."
"That's right!" exclaimed Jack. "We'll use disguises to sneak into-"
The Alphonse's hand clamped on Jack's mouth and pushed him out of sight.
"Eh," chuckled Missy, "He's making some act for the kids. We'll be at a party, you know."
Yannick watched the Alphonse.
"Uhh, that will be all."
Yannick continued to stare.
"Yannick?"
He shook his head and said, "Zat man iz amateur." He then bowed and left. As soon as Missy was sure he was out of earshot, she seized Action Jack by the collar, infuriated at his slip up. She did not hold him long. Action Jack became transparent and fell through her fingers and half way through the floor. Yet this failed to quell her anger.
"Get up! Why can't you take anything seriously?! At this rate you'll be a full fledged servant of Hell and ... and ..." Missy couldn't take it any more. But Jack was gleaming.
"I did it."
"What?"
"I think I can control it. Watch." Jack leaped into the air and solidified, landing on his feet. With a smile, he reached through the Alphonse, grabbed an apple, tossed it over the Alphonse and caught it with his other hand. He then took a bite and swallowed.

Creepy Bob wrote:
This just in: Chapter 3 compilation

I've added it to the first post.
Creepy Bob
Courtier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah, that makes sense," said The Alphonse. "After all, how could the Men-With-No-Ears attack anyone if they were ethereal all the time? This new ability will be useful, The Alphonse thinks."
"Yeah, it'll be fun to play around with for a while," agreed Jack. "But we still should find the cure. I look like a total freak without my ears."
"And most importantly you would become a servant of Hell for all eternity if we let this go on," The Alphonse reminded.
"Oh, yeah, that too, that too." Jack turned back to Missy. "You were saying?"
"I was asking you-- Oh, nevermind." She sighed. "I will tell you this one more time. Yes, you two will be using disguises to get over the border to Eastphalia. People know me around these parts, but only as a farmer, so I wont cause any comment. The same indifference to the appearance of the Berserker of Westphalia and Action Jack himself would probably be too much to hope for."
"What kind of disguises?" asked Jack, clearly uncomfortable with the idea of people not recognizing him.
Amarath
Noble

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well," Missy said, "You'll be acting as my grandma and grandpa." She held out two sets of old people clothing and wigs. "Grandma's taller than Grandpa, so The Alphonse will have to wear the old lady clothing. Jack will be the old man."
"The Alphonse objects-"
"Shut up, The Alphonse. Now, our story is that a relative of ours has died and we're going to the funeral. You need to act like old people. That means no heroics- I'm looking at you Jack. Your names are Didi and Garumpf."
Creepy Bob
Courtier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, my writing fingers were actually starting to itch lately. Is this convenient or what? :D

Quote:
Missy's rickety farmer's cart made for a bumpy ride on the rough country road. Action Jack scratched at his fake beard.
"Man, this thing is itchy! And how is anyone supposed to see my awesome lantern jaw of justice?"
"That's the whole point," said Missy in her now automatic explaining-stuff-to-Jack-for-the-nth-time voice, keeping her eyes on the road.
"...and this stovepipe hat is giving me hat hair," moaned Jack.
"Shut up, Jack."
Jack muttered something under his breath and then looked up at The Alphonse who was sitting beside him, a mountain of black fabric wearing a mourner's veil.
"Well, at least I wasn't the one who had to wear women's clothing," he said.
"Actually," said The Alphonse, "after some initial reluctance, The Alphonse is in fact quite comfortable."
"Yeah?"
"The Alphonse is very in touch with his feminine side."
"Shh," said Missy, "we're at the border."
A gate guard approached the cart. Archers watched them suspiciously from their towers.
"No one do anything stupid this time. Look sharp, everyone."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: