Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

The Story Telling Game!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Creepy Bob
Courtier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, continuing the game is of course an even better option! Shocked

Quote:
"Yes, Alfonse, you can have my coffee mug of heroism if you help us," said Jack.
Alfonse gasped,"You really mean it? For real?"
"Wait wait wait, a coffee mug? Why a coffee mug?" asked Missy.
"Correction," said Jack,"The coffee mug of heroism."

Quote:
The fabled Coffee Mug of Heroism +10 is truly a sight to behold. The finest of poets have fumbled trying to vainly describe its beauty. Lots can be said about the myriad of multicolored gems encrusting it, the flawless pink diamond in the middle of it all, the horn of an ancient king of the Mad Lizard Men of !Mzt't serving as the Mug's ear. But the worth of the Coffee Mug of Heroism goes far beyond its bling value.

It bestows on its owner, as the name suggests, the virtue of Heroism.

Merely being a skilled warrior does not a true hero make. It's all about the charisma, the personal magnetism, the even-the-guys-want-him cult of personality ...something Action Jack had in spades. But many an adoring fan would have been surprised to find that much of his success stemmed from the Coffee Mug of Heroism; his possession of the artefact was something he kept secret from all but his closest friends, and not even they got to know how he had unerthed it in the first place.

The Coffee Mug of Heroism +10 was Action Jack's dearest possession. And now he was prepared to give it away. It's not like it was working in his current earless and ethereal state anyway.

"May... may the Alphonse see it?" breathed the Alphonse...

As an aside note, there's no need for anyone to be intimidated by my walls text. Wink Anyone who wants to write, write as much or little as you feel like. The OP even says so.
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey, it's back up. :D

Quote:
"It's invisible. I need to be cured first."

Missy smirked. The Alphonse stared at Action Jack for a full half a minute before closing the door. Surprised, Missy looked at Jack and back at the closed door. She could feel the rage build inside of her.

"Oh no he didn't" whispered Missy. She took a deep breath. "Jack, let's just go. There's no point in wasting our time." Jack didn't respond. "Come on Jack, we have to get past the bridge before dark."

"Wait a moment!" cried the voice from inside. "The Alphonse will not go unprepared. Your offer has been accepted."

Action Jack looked up at Missy and grinned.

Creepy Bob
Courtier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Heroic virtue or no, The Alphonse in full battle gear was an intimidating sight. He rode on his huge warhorse dressed in blackened plate armor with huge spaulders, huge scarred bald head glinting in the light of the setting sun. Suspended from the saddle hung a huge two-handed mace and a helmet of terrifying visage adorned with huge bull horns. The only thing taking away slightly from this sight was the ring cushion on said saddle.
Missy followed behind on her farm mule, with Jack sitting in a cart, half sunk through it and constantly getting his toes run over by the wheels.

They arrived at last at the bridge leading to the Great Forest of !Mzt't. The sun chose this exact moment to sink behind the green mountains.
"Damn, I'd hoped we wouldn't need to deal with this..." said Missy.
"Halt! Who treads on my bridge at such a late hour?!"

Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The voice was both loud and irritating. If words were formed from the grating noise of fingernails on a chalkboard it would sound no less annoying than this.

"There's no one on your bridge from my viewpoint" said Jack matter-of-factly.

"Are you sure?"

There was a brief pause followed by clanking and the hurried pitter-patter of tiny feet. A shrill squeak filled the air and then silence.

After a minute the voice spoke again. "Who are you? Do you intend on crossing this bridge? Nevermind that, can you come a little bit closer?"

All the while Missy signed to Jack not to speak and tried her best at coaxing the mule to quietly turn away. The Alphonse seemed to have different ideas as his warhorse strode up to just before the first plank of the bridge.

"The Alphonse shall parley with you, Troll."

After another moment of silence the voice spoke again.

"I sense there are more than one of you. If there are two, toss a silver coin. If there are three, a gold coin will do. For four-"

"The Alphonse will pay no toll."

"What?! Dare you challenge-" the voice briefly distorted into an unintelligible and metalic whine "-and insufferable isolence. Prepare thyself!"

*TWANG*

A bolt glanced off the Alphonse's armor. His huge form soared through the air before bringing down the mace on a structure at the edge of the bridge. A small bearded creature fell out barely surviving the splintered mess. Its conical red hat somehow managed to stay on its head. The Alphonse seized it by its collar.

"Where is the Troll?"

"Ha! There is no Troll!" screeched the miniscule creature, its voice markedly different from the one before. "This bridge belongs to us gnomes! You will pay for the damage! The others will catch you!"

Jack held on to the cart for dear life careful to keep himself above the wooden bridge as Missy's mule raced across it. Behind them followed the thunderous hooves of the Alphonse's mighty warhorse. As soon as they put some distance between themselves and the bridge, it lit up with scores of tiny lights. Anguished cries could be heard. Our merry band of adventurers did not stop until they reached the eaves of a dark forest.

"Well," said Missy, "this is it, the Great Forest of !Mzt't."

Both Action Jack and the Alphonse groaned.

Walls of text indeed. Cheese!

Aaaaand ... End Chapter Two?
Creepy Bob
Courtier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a suitable place to conclude this chapter to me.

Speaking of chapters, I've compiled the two chapters thus far into continuous format, and was wondering if I could post them on my deviantArt for the world outside Homeville to see (explanation of how the story came to be, and a link to this thread included, obviously).
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I have no problems with that. This has turned out to be much better than I originally conceived.
Creepy Bob
Courtier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

Any ideas on what to actually call it though? I've been playing with the idea of simply calling it "Action Jack and the Men-with-no-Ears".
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought of naming this. "Action Jack and the Men-with-no-Ears" sounds good to me.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adventures of Action Jack:
The Men with no Ears

I mean, it could become an on-going serial, right?
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can only hope! It's thoroughly entertaining so far.

Unrelatedly, I just realized that the style of this story reminds me a lot of the Harvard Lampoon's "Bored of the Rings." Ever read that one, C-Bob? It seems like something you might like. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: