Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

The hoes return...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tauhid
Noble

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not lately.

Or, you know, ever.

Sweet.

So when this finally goes live I'll need beta testers. Look at me sounding all computer jargony. I've only told you guys and the guys at the MSPA super secret forum about this.

You know what this place needs?

Super Secret Forum.

I'm having a blast so far. I have to try really hard not to think about just how much work will be involved in--- HAHA! Aaha! Thin Mints, Thin Mints, Thin Mints... Corderoy Undershirt... Whew! That was close.
Tauhid
Noble

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody wish Cranky was here?

And Skittles?

Everybody wish Cranky and Skittles was here?!

Well they're dead!

And guess what!? I sold Cranky the junk! That's right, he got it from me.

I swear I didn't know how strong it was...! And now he's dead!

*sob* They're both dead...

I don't give a crap about Skittles, but CRANKY!!*sob*

I, uh... I actually liked skittles a lot. I just needed a name to replace Woodstock in the quote. So I guess this is me saying I miss Cranky and Skittles both equal amounts.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see you, lad. Cheese!

Nice new thing-a-ma-bober you gots going on. Very MSPA going on. Hopefully it will allow the creativity, and freedom you crave that keeps bogging you down with your other works.

What you need is a non sequitor type comic. Where you can just draw whatever is on your mind and with your awesomeacular talents it will be amazing.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I miss Cranks, and Skittles.. And Babs we can't leave out Babs. Babs has her own buisness going so she is probably far to busy to grace us with her precense.
Tauhid
Noble

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea MSPA is the complete poo. The entire turd. I read through the whole stool not too long ago and it really inspired me. It started out as my just wishing really hard that Andrew would take up Bard Quest again. then I got to searching on the net for anything like a webcomic done exclusively in CYOA format. There were a few that toyed with it. Maybe a few pages as a gag or a limited run on Ctrl+Alt+Del but none that stuck it out for the long haul.

It occurred to me that this was the perfect medium to do such and thing but I didn't get why there weren't any around until after I started. It's a spooning monster undertaking if you want to be halfway serious about it. But it's just like you said, Young. I'm finally working on a project that allows me to jump from "project" to "project" without ever having to abandon it. Plus the whole animation thing is brand new to me. I'm having a ball making these crappy little toons and I'm getting better.

Also there's been kind of a shift from making content where my personal satisfaction is stapled to that of my readers (I sure hope they think this is funny or well drawn... hope they leave a nice comment... maybe an email... I'm just gonna unload the gun and set it down for a while. I'm sure someone will like it) to a type of content that gives me a lot of personal satisfaction all on its own. I've got like 60 something pages written and 50 something drawn. Never been able to produce that much without rushing to try and build some kind of audience to get my gratification.

The people whom I've shared it with so far have received it pretty well so I think the thing will do fine once I do go live but I'm not as concerned about building a readership as I am about building a community. The forum is going to be an integral component of the site experience if I do things right. I hope you guys will consider registering once things are up and running cus, you know, I'm kind of shy around strangers. Cool
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a complete wallflower around strangers, I'm sure...

Anyway, soon as you have a place to register, I'll sign up.
So long as it only requires my firstborn child, or something else that's not likely to ever happen.
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to watch the site as it develops. Thanks for sharing with us.
Tauhid
Noble

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I'm working on redesigning the characters now. I kind of leaped into it and and got swept up by the novelty so this redesign was inevitable.

Still waiting on the code guys to finish all the back end crap. It's maddening really. I don't know how I'm going to make it to my first hiatus in time if they keep ignoring the time table.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sob* Very Sad

Where has everyone from Thoir gone? Besides Aja, See317 are you and me the only ones from the original group around anymore?

I know Creepybob posts from time to time on Deviantart. What about Cranky, Spud, Babs, Skittles, SaberInBlue, Funk Robot? Art got to cool for us after he launched his webcomic Jack of All Blades, before it's spin off Jacq of All Blades.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*ahem*

Am I a nobody, Mr. Young?

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: