Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Crass Course
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo! That's AWESOME. I think I love you. That's just... oh wow. I'm impressed.

In return, I submit a little scene from a Baldur's Gate II weird-RP we have going on over on another forum. Xiao is an insane evoker, she could probably give Xzar a run for his money when she gets going.

Quote:
Xiao wanders outside and finds the bizarre sight of Aerie buried in dirt up to her neck and crying.
Xiao: *blinkblink* Flightless friend? What are you doing? Dirt naps are a metaphor, you know.
Aerie: *wailing* Your barbaric wolf-man buried me! ME! As if losing my wings wasn't bad enough... *sob*
Xiao: It's not nice to lie about my friends. If Puppy buried you, your head would be under the dirt too.
Aerie: *even more annoyingly* But it's truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!
Xiao: You're a very bad girl, flightless friend, so I'm gonna punish you. *casts a fireball at Aerie's head* Now, you just stay there and behave, flightless friend.
Aerie: *sizzle*

Xiao once drove the narrator to drink. :D

And because her Bio is also weird...

Quote:
When you ask XIAO about her past, she just giggles insanely and tells you that you ought to know better than she does. After numerous attempts you've managed to gather that she was born in or near Waterdeep, and was educated in magic there as well. Nobody seems to know what drove her to her current state of madness - maybe her loathing of the semi-imaginary 'Sparklepires' has something to do with it?

And finally, because this smiley makes my Trekkie side EVER so happy... KHAAAAAN
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_V wrote:
Oh, yeah, writing about your favourite RPG characters is a ton of fun.

I really like the character you played. It sounds like she was a great source of roleplaying opportunities.

Heh, I like characters who solve things with classy violence. Why bother with nasty weapons when you can elegantly swipe away your foes with status magic and pretty explosives?

Actually, you reminded me of a joke I once made with one of my characters in a game.

Quote:
Villain NPC: "Alas, we meet again! But this time, you shall not defeat me! I shall never allow you to pass!"

Me: "You know, I have two possible courses of action at this moment. I can trigger a complex device that will fire a poisoned bolt at you, knocking you unconscious within seconds, or I can punch you in the face. Guess which one I'm going to take."

Villain: *oozing disbelief* "You're going to punch me in the face, I gather?"

Me: "Actually, no. I'm going to distract you with my chatter while my companions slip past you."

Villain: "WHAT?! NO!" *turns around*

Me: "Too late, they're gone now. You can't catch up with them, they've got a huge head start on you."

Villain: "This cannot be! I shall destroy you all!"

Me: "Actually, no." *taps Villain in the shoulder* "Now I'm going to punch you in the face." *sucker-punches Villain into unconsciousness*

That is a true rogue for you. I love it. So far I haven't done anything this awesome in roleplaying. I think the closest I came to it was a time where I was GM-ing a game and one of the characters was trying to fire a warning shot at an NPC that was following them because she had taken his weapon. She roled a 62 and hit him right in the head. Since I knew she was just trying to fire a warning shot I made it so it didn't kill him. I was laughing because she was horrified. I think it was just because she knew he wasn't the main villian or a monster. All I could do was laugh and shake my head.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_V wrote:
Actually, you reminded me of a joke I once made with one of my characters in a game.

Quote:
[roguish brilliance]

Laughing

I'm sure your party had many occasions to be glad that you were on their side.
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
Paul_V wrote:

Quote:
[roguish brilliance]

Laughing

I'm sure your party had many occasions to be glad that you were on their side.

I know I wouldn've been. Smug
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good rogue should be firmly on the side of his allies, but make them frequently wonder if it's worth it. And if your DM allows it, it's definately worth playing a Kender rogue at some point. An entire race of cheerful, fearless, well-meaning kleptomaniacs!

Just remember, you're not stealing, you're borrowing. *snicker*
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XiaoCaity wrote:
Just remember, you're not stealing, you're borrowing. *snicker*

Ahhh Dragon Lance. That brings back fond memories. Like Tasselhoff attempting to fall off the face of Krynn by standing on his head. *sigh* That was soooo funny. Cheese!

Or the exchanging of various possessions because they believe they are all cousins in some form or another. That was another one that had me rolling on the floor. Good old Tas. He was always funny. So niave and innocent that you just couldn't get mad at him no matter what he did Wink
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a Dragonlance fan, but I've always loved Tas.

I think the most fun I've ever had playing D&D was playing a Kender Rogue/Wizard/Arcane Trickster in a group where only I and the DM knew what Kender actually were. Wicked I never took anything important off my friends, just trinkets, but I played havoc with my enemies.

Plus, dude. Kender ARCANE TRICKSTER.
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar situation once. My Dad tried to be a Kender in a roleplaying game where the GM didn't know what a kender was, but me and my dad were just thinking about all the trouble he would end up causing. He didn't actually get to play the character but it was amusing all the same, while we tried to explain what they were to the GM. I can just imagine all the trouble you caused and would have merely been satisfied to not be one of your enemies. I can just see it now.

"Cower before me for I shall defeat you with my..." reaches dramatically for arcane impliment that is no longer there. "What the?"
Meanwhile the Kender is now once again behind the group inspecting her newly 'found' booty.
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just say the ability to pick pockets from thirty feet away was well-used in defence of the party.

And the above situation happened to me almost verbatim!

Quote:
DM: "Cower before me, for I wield the might of..." *gets handed a note, rolls a few dice, and facepalms mightily* "Of... where'd it go?"
Party Cleric: "Oh Helm, no. Please, no!"
Me, the Kender: "Hey wow, shiny! I wonder what would happen if I did this?!" *uses her newly-acquired toy on the big bad, who disintegrates* "Awww, the nice spell-caster-man went away..."
Party Wizard: Shocked "Let me borrow that, kay?" *quickly hides the doo-hickey of death*
DM: I hate you so much.

Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just imagine the relief the rest of the party felt when you gave your new toy to the wizard for safe keeping. Poor DM, trying to make things challenging for a Kender is very hard indeed. Especially since as a DM it's hard to always remember that there is a kender in the group and that they are very inclined to thoroughly 'examine' every new situatiion. I'm sure he often underestimated your abilities. But I love how in character you kept him. It would be completely in character for the kender to assume that he disappeared instead of being dissentigrated. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: