Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about comic...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gasps* For the love of god! You haven't met Valen or Deekin yet? You poor deprived thing.

(RE: le calculators... It's a Red Dwarf thing. Apparently calculators either go to Silicon Heaven or burn in hell. I prefer the second one, having spent a full semester trying to make mine behave.)
Paul_V
Courtier

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, but you have to love Deekin. He's precisely the type of character that you can grow attached to very easily. I've discovered that Valen and Nathyrra are only interesting when you play a PC of the opposite sex. It'd appear that they don't have much to offer otherwise. Though I have to admit they're both delightfully snarky, regardless of the situation.

But, but I love calculators! They are invaluable tools when you need to deak with big scary numbers.
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having all but mastered scientific notation, big numbers hold no fear for me. My calculator, on the other hand, seems to live for the express purpose of making me cry in frustration.
Paul_V
Courtier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XiaoCaity wrote:
Having all but mastered scientific notation, big numbers hold no fear for me. My calculator, on the other hand, seems to live for the express purpose of making me cry in frustration.

But scientific notation makes you work with exponents, which can be a pain. Why don't you buy a new one? Or do you have a love/hate relationship going on? (I've heard those are hard to quit...)
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kee hee, I see I'm not the only one with a dislike for 4th Ed as well. YAY!! I love not being alone. And I totally understand the calculator thing. I went through a calculus class with a different model of calculator and had to figure everything out on mine own. On the plus side I could write notes/stories on my calculator Nudge Nudge ...and then they would mysteriously vanish Very Sad .
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need my calculator, it's a scientific calculator and I can't afford a new one. *sigh*

4E just pissed me off. You pretty much HAVE to have gaming mats and minis now, and all the flexibility of 3.5 is gone. I've transferred over to Pathfinder, and I love it to death! I got in during the beta, and the playtesting was awesome.

(I'm also writing a system to allow me and my friends to play games based on the Atelier Iris series. Is hard work...)
Demochalatte
Serf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Maybe it's impossible... Reply with quote

... But is there any way a humble fan could ever see the old version of the comic anywhere? If they missed it the first time around?
... Please? >3>
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe it's impossible... Reply with quote

Demochalatte wrote:
... But is there any way a humble fan could ever see the old version of the comic anywhere? If they missed it the first time around?
... Please? >3>

Yes there is. Aja posted the link in the past but I wouldn't expect every new member to the forums to look through all the archives. I mean, I didn't. This is the link. http://www.true-magic.com/old-view.php
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, that's the place.

And welcome, Demochalatte. :D
Demochalatte
Serf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Thank you very much x2. <33333 [//Bows] I'm sorry I couldn't find it myself~.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: