Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

They aren't real...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you talk to things/people that aren't real or are inanimate?
...Yes
91%
 91%  [ 11 ]
No, that's weird
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Maybem maybe not.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Splendagirl
Serf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't normally talk to inanimate objects, but I often talk out loud to myself, especially when I'm very absorbed in thought. Well... I guess sometimes if there's something in the room when I'm super absorbed in thought, I'll ask them rhetorical questions like, "What's wrong with me?" "Why did I do that?"

... OK, actually, the more I think about it, the more instances I can think of when I do talk to things like pets, stuffed animals, or lamps. This has certainly been an illuminating post for me.
Paul_V
Courtier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, absolutely. I talk to pretty much anything, including empty space. I find that inanimate objects make more interesting conversation than most of the people I know. Razz
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_V wrote:
Oh, yeah, absolutely. I talk to pretty much anything, including empty space. I find that inanimate objects make more interesting conversation than most of the people I know. Razz

That's probably because you know what you want to hear and can therefore imagine the (insert name for inanimate object or pet) saying such to carry on the conversation in your favor. For example if you want to get angry then the object/animal you are talking to will say something to make you angry. I have a tendancy to act out scenes from my book.

I'm sure half the occupants of my neighborhood think I'm crazy because I was yelling my character's fury at her father while walking down the street. Embarrassed Nonetheless, I think it's healthy to talk to someone, or in this case something. I feel better when I do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: