Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Secrets
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Secrets Reply with quote

OOC: let me know what you think... if you think you have something that may be worth adding or want to, let me know and we can talk...
---

She had to do a double take. It isn't possible, she thought. But there was absolutely no mistaking the walk and streaks of grey hair she caught a flash of. Lleanna felt her heart lurch. He had been dead for two months now, died right in front of her eyes. She pushed the memory of that horrible day from her mind, the day when she thought she had lost it all.

On an impulse she followed him, still telling herself that the person she was following was not truly Chris, the boy she had grown up with, and the one she had loved beyond all reason, that she was just seeing ghosts of him again because she missed him, though for some reason she could not explain, she had been expecting to see him again, like she knew with some part of herself that he wasn't actually dead, but how could he be, he had died in her arms.

Leanna followed the man who looked like Chris for a while, growing more and more convinced that it was him. Not only did he have the streaks of grey in his hair at the temples, or the walk of one completely confident in his every move, he was wearing his favored black trench coat, and when he turned to make sure no cars were coming so he could cross the street, the man was wearing what looked to be the same sunglasses she had given him last Christmas. She was positive they were the same because she had to find the just right brand, and it had taken her forever.

But.... how?, she wondered. Leanna was about to run forward grab him and demand the answers to her questions, where have you been? Why didn’t you come find me? When he stepped out into the street and crossed it into a hotel, disappearing behind swinging doors. Only now did she stop and take stock of where she was. She had followed Chris towards the north side of town, the old warehouse district. Not a very friendly part of the town, she should be careful.

As that thought crossed her mind, she jumped. Her cell phone was going off in her pocket. Checking the ID, she saw it was her sister, Ah.... oops, she is going to have my head, i'm late . Cringing she answered the phone.

"Hi sis," she said with forced cheerfulness

"Do you know what time it is? You are supposed to be here, now, mom is going to kill me if anything happens to you. Where are you?"

"Uh...." Leanna did not want to lie to her sister, but what could she say, her family was already worried about her mental condition after Chris died, she did not want to add to their worries, so she said, "Uh, sorry I lost track of time, I had had time before coming home so I stopped off at the mall."

"Fine, stay there and I will come pick you up."

"Nah, I am on my way out now, I will be home shortly, and it is not as if mom is here, we are in a completely different state after all."

Her sister grumbled something through the phone that she could not quiet make out, and was not sure she wanted to. "Fine, but hurry up. Mom should be calling anytime now."

"Sure thing. See you soon," Leanna said with relief and hung up. It looked as if Chris was going to have to wait. She made a note of the hotel and street so she could find this place again. What are you hiding Chris? Why are you hiding? I will be back to find out, so don't go anywhere, she thought sadly. Softly she said, "I love you," and turned to hurry to her sister's apartment.

Inside the hotel, unknown to Leanna, Chris heard her clearly as if she had been standing next to him. He was shocked she had found him, and if she knew where he was, she was in danger. He hated what he did to her, but there was no choice if he was to keep her safe.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I'm wondering if he faked his death, or if he really died and came back. Intriguing. Smile

Say, would it be more convenient to have a dedicated sub-forum for writing? The IN Basket is great for jokes and images and other all-of-a-piece things, but stories and writing projects of a larger scale might get more attention in a separate category.
Robin Sherwood
Court Poet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, stories are fun to read but need there own space.

What I was wondering was if Chris is telepathic or what. And where is this taking place?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a separate area would be great! I wanted to see what you guys thought, but wasn't sure where to put it Razz Wink

I am going to say Chris is a telepath, though what exactly happend at his "death" i don't know... that is where i needed some help...
Robin Sherwood
Court Poet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windy Lady wrote:

I am going to say Chris is a telepath, though what exactly happend at his "death" i don't know... that is where i needed some help...

Chris "dies" in her arms... so how dose he affect death, dose he use meditation to slow his body functions? take some kind of drug (refrence Romeo and Juilet)? or dose he minulipulate her perceptions so she thinks he dies?
Why is he "in trouble" and with whom?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I think what I will have happen is that Chris and Leanna were supposed to meet up somewhere, he didn't show, she went to his place looking for him, and found him... so I suppose he could have done it through a combination meditation/manipulate perception (in order to manipulate her perception he needs to sorta meditate, not an easy thing to change a persons view)... As for why and with whom Chris is in trouble, some corporation is trying to study psionics and since he is a telepath they want him to disect. Therefore he faked his death to Leanna so she would be safe since she does not know of her own existing abilities.
Robin Sherwood
Court Poet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Background is... they were life long friends turned lovers and now some corperation wants to study their abilities by disecting them? It would be a little more believable to say that they are going to be kidnapped and "brainwashed" to exploit their ablities for the corperations profit.
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mystery, conspiracy, and psions. i am enthralled.

may be put more than one group trying to find their secrets. how about some government agencies want to disect them along with aliens and may be a shadowy religious organization seeks their powers too. then aliens come to rescue them in an epic space battle that puts Star Wars to shame!! ...... ok, sack the aliens. so a corporation wants their secrets to create a product for profit....so what will the product be? may be a weapon of great power? and the government could want to use their secrets in creating a 1984 type scenario though they tell a gullible Congress its for finding terrorists. who knows, well wait the Shadows knows. with psions the possibility is endless Cheese! .

Edit: it just came to me after reading Robin Sherwood's post, the corporation could want to brainwash them so that they are used to make other people give in to the coproration's demands. thus anti-trust cases are easily won by changing what the judge thinks! evil, pure evil.... Wicked
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many good ideas Cheese! does anyone want to write it with me? not in roleplaying style but just plain old writing?
Robin Sherwood
Court Poet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do dialoge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Art Exhibit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: