Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Ahoy there!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Ahoy there! Reply with quote

Arr! It be September 19th, and ye be knowing what that means!

Knight #04: It's....the 263rd day of the year, sir?

Knight #09: It's Adam West's birthday?

Are ye both daft? Aye, it be them, too, but it also be International Talk Like a Pirate Day! Now, yer manner of speaking better be piratey, or I'll make ye both walk the plank!

Knight #04: Um....aye, aye Cap'n! Avast!
Knight #09: Grog!

Arr....ye both be need'n alot of work....
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITLaPD! Dang it! Every year I forget. Okay, let's see...

**grabs her pet budgerigarrr and plants him on her shouldarrr**

*ahem*

Yar! Hail, Shadowstorm, me old matey! Avast!

'Tis been many a season since last ye swaggered intae this port. How be ye? Fancy a flagon o' Mako Grog?
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiver me timbers! Tis good to be seeing you again! And ye remembered my favorite drink! Now, say hello to the fair lass, ye scurvy bilge rats!

Knight #04: Greetings, Miss Silver, it's good to be back.

Knight #09: We hope you've been well.

Yar! That not be pirate-speak! Explain yourselves, or I'll keelhaul the lot of ya!

Knight #04: Sir, our internal chronometers show that it's no longer September 19th. We don't have to talk like pirates anymore.

But....I only just....arr....mutinous dogs...

Knight #09: There's always next year, sir.

I suppose...well, anyways, I've been mostly well, I guess. How has everything been with you?
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also mostly well!

**hands Shadow a drink, and gives each of the knights a refreshing power cell**

Heh. Something about those guys reminds me of Mr. Jinx from Starslip Crisis.
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*After a brief scan of the webcomic....brief for the Knights, anyway. It took the creator several hours...but it was a good read*

Knight #04: Well, he does seem quite similar. Although, wouldn't he remind you of us, not the other way around? We are older...

Knight #09: Maybe a cross between Mr. Jinx and that Vore fellow would be closer to the truth? We were built for combat, after all...and the creator never really was a fan of the whole "Three Laws" nonsense.

...What? You can't expect to have a free-willed robot with silly limitations like "A robot must not harm a human being", right? And, following orders blindly isn't always a good thing. Observe. Hey! You two! I order you to fight each other for my amusement!

Knight #04: Hell no!

What was that?! I didn't quite catch that.

Knight #04: Hell no, sir! *salutes*

...That's better.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, good point.

So... Sly Smirk

If they weren't programmed to have unquestioning obedience to authority... would it theoretically be possible to bribe them?
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight #04: *processing...* Well, that depends....what exactly are you bribing us with?

Knight #09: Some upgrades WOULD be nice...although...I don't think we really need them at the moment.

Knight #04: Actually, for the record....while we aren't strictly programmed to be obedient...you have probably noticed that we are loyal to the creator. And that wasn't programmed in either. (As far as we know, anyway....) We would never do anything to harm or otherwise embarass him....

...Doing otherwise to other people for personal gain isn't outside the realm of possiblitiies, though.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent.

Well... *cough* ...I didn't have anything particular in mind. But it pays to know one's potential resources. Smug

**hastily scribbles a few notes**

(May have found the means to administer suitably devastating power wedgies to my enemies. Must research this further.)

**folds up her memo pad and nonchalantly sidles around the bar**

I'm sure I have some useful parts and upgrades stored around here somewhere. Just let me know whenever you need something, my good sirs.

Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: