Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Secrets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrMcCoy
Noble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin Sherwood wrote:
I can't do dialoge.

...Well, you apparently can't spell it... ;P
Court Poet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I can't spell well, at least I know what I mean.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While he was brooding over what to do, now that Leanna had found him, there was a slight tapping at Chris' hotel room door. With a sigh, he got up to answer it, and was not surprised to find Mia on the other side.

"Mia," he said in exasperation, "what are you doing here?"

"Came to check up on you, of course," she said as she batted her eyelashes at Chris. Rolling his eyes, Chris let her into his room.

Mia was skinny to the point of being bony, with dyed black, spiked hair. She had an indomintable spirit, like Leanna, but unlike Leanna, Mia also knew of her gifts and was well trained in their use. Just like Chris was becoming, and what he was becoming, he had no desire for Leanna to learn.

"So who is next?" he asked, even though he could have picked the knowledge right out of Mia's mind. That would have been considered rude, especially between two commrades in arms.

"A girl named Leanna," Mia said with a shrug. "Apparently she is staying with her sister, therefore we will take her sister first. That way she will be alone and more maleable to persuade her to join us."

Mia did not notice how Chris froze at the mention of Leanna's name. NO he wanted to scream. Then he had the small hope that it was not his Leanna, not his love. After all Leanna was not that an uncommon name. But what if it was her? What would he do? She thought he was dead, well she had anyway until she saw him in the street. He would have had to face her at one point anyway, explain about his "death", but he thought it would be on his own terms, to warn her away from him and to be on her gaurd. Maybe he still could.

"By when does the objective need to be taken?" he asked in the calm voice Mia expected from him.

"The higher ups want her in their hands in two weeks, no later," she said with a shake of her head. "For some reason they want this one fast. None of the usual persuasions first. Just skipping to the finnish to get her. Apparently they think she will make a great addition to the Family with the level of power she could achieve." She shook out her short hair and shrugged.

Doing some quick calculations in his head, Chris figured he need to find her in the next couple of days. Their kiddnapping of Leanna's sister would be in at least four days, to make her maleable to any suggestions given to her, to make her want to give her own life over for that of her sisters.

"Well then, if that is the case, do we not have plans we need to make?" he said with the small smile that was expected of him and a light tone of voice.
Robin Sherwood
Court Poet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good interesting or bad interesting?
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could use some proofing, but other than that, good-interesting. :D

Hey, in this story, can telepaths tell when someone else is looking into their minds? Or does it depend on their relative level of skill? 'Cause if there were powerful psychics whose job it is to monitor subordinate agents and make sure no one is plotting against the organization, that could be kinda cool. They'd be like the Thought Police (literally). Nudge Nudge
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I really had not thought about that... Cheese! I like the idea however. The story could go so many ways that way. Like Chris is the strongest, but Leanna comes in close behind, though the strength of her gift is more easily felt than Chris' or something like that which makes Chris the "almost" perfect double agent dealo... Nudge Nudge
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm home!" Leanna called out a little breathlessly from the kitchen door. "Sorry I lost track of time, Brea. There was this new book series I am interested in trying out. The book really got me hooked as I test read it," she continued as she branidished her new book in her sister's face as she walked in from the living room.

Glowering at her younger sister, Brea grabbed the book and raised a dark eyebrow. "Don't you ever read anything real? All you read is the fantasy stuff. Anyway, mom has not called yet so why not make a snack? Dinner wont be for a while. Drew is coming over again anyway."

Drew had been a friend of Leanna's back home before he moved out here suddenly a few years ago. While she was glad to see her old friend, tonight of all nights she did not want him around. She wanted to see if she could call the hotel and get Chris on the phone, find out what happend. Or was it just wishful thinking that she saw him today? After all he had died in her arms that night.

It had been her 21st birthday and he promised to surprise her with something. When she got to his place, dinner was on the table, there were a couple of rented movies on the t.v. and Chris lying in a growing pool of blood, struggling to keep breathing.

When he saw her, he had reached out to her, whispered her name and closed his eyes. After that she lost track of all that happend. Leanna vaugley recalled calling for the paramedics but after that she had just held onto him until she heard him breathe in his final breath, just before the paramedics got there. Though when she came to think about it later, Leanna did not remember seeing a wound from which the blood was flowing.

After talking to her mom, which consisted of reasuring her that she was alright and not being too much trouble for her sister, Drew came over and had dinner with the sisters. They sat around talking for a while after the meal was cleaned up, when the phone rang.

"I will get it," Leanna said. "Hello?"

"Leanna. Meet me outside the mall tomorrow night around eight," said a voice Leanna never thought to hear again.

"C..Chris..? I..Is that you? What happend?"

"Just meet me. I'll explain then, I've got to go for now."

"But... " Click. Leanna just looked at the phone, stupified. How did he know I wanted to find him, much less where I was? What the heck is going on? Leanna wanted to scream.

Well, one way to look at this, Leanna told herself, is that I am hopefully going to start getting some answers soon.
Windy Lady
Fickle... I think

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, if there are any typos and what not... hope you all like!
Robin Sherwood
Court Poet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep it coming
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Art Exhibit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: