Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Shameless Advertising - ARAMAS

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whacha think of the comic so far?
Not so interesting
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Maybe worth looking into
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Worth keeping an eye on
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

tanlaithial
Serf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Shameless Advertising - ARAMAS Reply with quote

This is sorta like my exhibiting my artwork; ARAMAS ( http://aramas.comicgenesis.com ) is my new webcomic that I am trying desperately to get started, and I just want to make sure it's known and not just some obscure little comic that's got two people reading it.
It hasn't been updated in a long time because 1, I'm very busy with stuff this summer (including writing essays), and 2, because they are moving the servers (whatever that means) so I can't upload anyway. *Shrug* So I will hopefully get a new page up this next week, but who knows. Again, this is just to get the name of the comic out. The prologue is completely up in case you're interested in looking! Thanks!

Oh, and of course, my devART site: http://naraklak.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SABERinBLUE
Pretty Fly for a Blue Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big area you could improve is facial expressions. As is my wont, I reccomend a book: The Artist's Guide to Facial Expression by Gary something. Creature design is strong though.
DrMcCoy
Noble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, 2 pages + 1 cover isn't an awful lot...
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty well drawn, even if there's only a few pages. My advice is, keep at it! (this is good advice for me too). I need more practice but I don't to practice because I'm no good. See a loop here? Sad
Zela
Spark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ced, you should seriously read that drawing book we have. (Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain) And don't give up, otherwise I'll stop giving you dessert.

tanlaithial, the only real comment I can make is... on the title page, the heroine has a bit of a small hand... my dad (who IS an artist) says that hands should cover the same area as the face. And I'm terrible at doing that, myself. I try to make them too big (not with much success; I'm a wimp): I personally think that big hands look better than small hands. Just look at Henson in this month's caption contest! Also the Tsubasa Chronicle manga draws... huge hands. A bit over done, actually, considering that anime-styled people have smaller faces to make them cuter...
The unjust hath the just's umbrella
-Ogden Nash
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Art Exhibit All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: