Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Upcoming movies and their trailers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Lord of the Rings trilogy? Sure, I'll agree to that. The soundtrack was very well done. The Hobbit? Ehh...doesn't quite have that epic feel to it yet. Maybe I'll change my mind on it for the next movie, but so far it just hasn't been that memorable for me.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the Hobbit soundtrack. Maybe relied a bit heavily on the dwarf's refrain, but overall it was entertaining.

But, enough talk about filthy hobbitses, precious. If we want to talk about the movie let's move it to another thread so we don't splash Xiao with inadvertent spoiler talk.

Another nerdy trailer! Will Smith and so join forces in After Earth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZIt20emgLY
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Earth looks like it could be a lot of fun. And seriously, how cool is it for a father and son to co-star in a high-budget film like that? Those are some quality childhood memories in the making right there.

XiaoCaity wrote:
I've just spent the better part of a month dodging Guardians spoilers.

I hear ya. I usually only see a movie after my library has picked up the DVDs. Avoiding spoilers for The Avengers required constant vigilance.

Speaking of The Hobbit soundtrack, aside from the official score, there's also this.
I love that guy. Grin
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another trailer. Just when you got your hopes up that Hollywood wouldn't continue to abuse entertaining books for the sake of a quick box office buck, I give you World War Z.

If you've read the book, don't click the link. It'll just make you angry. Or depressed. Or deprangry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from the premier of It's a Good Day to Die Hard. Pretty entertaining movie, but I don't think I'd rate it as the best of the series. Kind of felt it missed out on the McClaine/Villain radio banter that was so entertaining in the other films, but other then that it pretty much follows the Die Hard formula. If you liked the series, you'll like the new movie. If you didn't like the first 4, not much changes in this one.

I have to say though, I didn't just watch Die Hard V. The nearby AMC was having a marathon of the entire series, so I took a few days off of work. I'm pretty sure that 12 hours straight of Die Hard is a bad thing, but it was fun. Really liked watching the technology evolve throughout the series, from the old green letter CRT mainframe computers and land land lines in the first to smart phones in the fifth, just kind of amazing how far technology has changed in such a short period of time.
It was kind of depressing watching Bruce Willis do the same though. You don't really get a feel for how old the guy actually looks until you watch him in a movie 20... wait, 30 years old then watch the new release.
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new trailers for Star Trek and After Earth are looking pretty great. Giant fish in one, giant birds in the other, and spaceships all around. <3
[/EasyToPlease]
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despicable Me 2... I love those crazy little minions.

I wasn't sure if this was just a Sci Fi movie thread or not.. :shrugs:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: