Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Legend of Korra
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Legend of Korra Reply with quote

I'm just guessing that some of you watched Nickelodeon's Avatar series.
Turns out, the first two episodes of the new series (The Legend of Korra) were released early and are up on KorraNation.com.

I'm hit by the realization that many posters here may not be in the States, and thus may be locked out by KorraNation.com.
This is terrible, but not hugely unexpected.

Here's another site that has the first episode up, I'm hoping it'll be a bit more internationally friendly, though it does have ads.
http://dubhappy.com/the-legend-of-korra-episode-1/
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the original show. The characters and story were phenomenal. Sadly M. Knight did not do the show justice when he made the movie.

As for this new one is it a whole show I wonder? I have heard it was only supposed to be a mini series of only about 12 episodes and then Nick wanted more episodes but it wasn't said if it was for this or more in the Air bender series.

I finally watched the first two episodes it was interesting. Seems a little darker in tone. I do like the nods to the original show even if its sad the cast and characters are not around now. I do think there is supposed to be a comic book of what happens after the first show.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm remembering correctly, it was originally planned to only be a 12 episode season, but Nick saw the internet reaction and asked for additional episodes bringing the total up to 26, spread over 2 seasons.

As for M.Knight's movie. I've placed it in the same mental bin as Star Trek V and a few other movies. Namely the "They never happened, ever" bin.

I love the line in the first episode about Zuko's mother though. Made me laugh.
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that is what I had heard as well. It was just supposed to be a series until more episodes were asked for. It's not surprising as the original had a large fan base.

It does kind of stink that the majority of characters are long gone, hopefully they will have some throwbacks to what happened to them. It is nice to see something in that series. Not to mention a lot of Nick cartoons are just terrible.

I thought that was a good nod to the question that many want to know. Until that poster child for ADD/Autism got in the way. I guess he's supposed to capture Aang's free-ness. Hopefully they will eventually answer it.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there was some comic book tie-in that was supposed to cover the interim period. Zuko's mom, founding Republic city, Toph teaching metal bending, Sokka delving deeper into his Wang Fire persona and founding the anti-bending movement...
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is supposed to be a comic book about things after the show ended. Hopefully it will be a graphic novel as I am not a big comic book reader.

I know Korra called them Metal Benders and Toph's daughter was in charge but they looked more like Dai Li agents as that was the instrument they used. Except they were hands and not spikes.

So you think Sokka's jealousy with not being able to bend caused him to create an anti-bending movement. Interesting. I did not make such a connection..

edit: On a related note I picked up the first book of the graphic novel that follows the story after the end of the first series. I was not aware it was out yet. I believe it is to be a Trilogy. The second book is out in May.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was joking about the whole Sokka-Equalists thing.
I mean, I suppose it's possible, but it's just as possible it's Ozai after Aang unintentionally gave him an extended life span by turning off his bending. Personally, I'm hoping it's either A) nobody we know or B) the son of the cabbage merchant who had his lively hood repeatedly screwed up by Aang and companions. The last straw came on the day of Sozin's Comet, when the cabbage merchant, tired of continually losing his precious wares had packed his cabbages and his family up to move them far from the tumultuous city life, only to have his precious cabbage cart destroyed by a sword falling from the sky.

As to the metal benders, I gather that Toph trained a school of earth benders to metal bend, and they later became the official police force of Republic city (since earth bending cops tend to be really hard on buildings).
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor cabbage guy.. That would be hilarious if he did get hit by the falling sword. Where it killed his wife.

You are right there could always be Ozai as the starter of the anti bending movement. Could be Sokka as they have not touched on him other than he is no longer living.. But that could be a Darth Vader thing where he was disowned because he went rogue.

They didn't mention Zuko or his kid(s) if he had any.

The one thing that did confuse me was the bending game they were playing.. How were they able to life stones of the ground if they were not earth benders?
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The one thing that did confuse me was the bending game they were playing.. How were they able to life stones of the ground if they were not earth benders?

In short, each team consists of 3 benders, one each of fire, earth and water.

More info on the Probending rules-

Information from press materials.

It's impressive the amount of thought they put into the rules for the game.
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that would explain why it looked like they were dual bending things. I thought it was a fire team vs a water team. But the one of each would make more sense.

I also read the first part of the promise. It was interesting. I would of liked it to be have been longer as it seemed short.

And apparently we are the only two that have seen the cartoon old and new.

Which is sad as people are missing out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: