Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitFang
Spark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: #114 Reply with quote

What's this?! No new topic or comments for page 114 (and 115 now)??
This will not stand!

Fear me, for I have things to say! (Well, okay...maybe 'fear' isn't the right word, exactly...)

114:
Panel 5 is probably my favorite--the expressions, body language, and scene content give me lots of :3 's inside.
Faces I keep staring at and loving:
Joe's expression transition (panels 4-5) (Hee.)
Kiku (panel 4) (I just wanna cuddle the little rapscallion--don't you?)
Bob (panel 7) Je T'adore (Why do I love it so? I don't know. I just do.)
Henson (panel 8 ) (lookin' good, Henson, baby...and that's sayin' something considering you're not usually my type!)
Bob & Kiku (final panel) SO CUTE.

By intently staring at what lettering is visible before Joe so rudely interrupts...I think Kit is saying "anyone who ____." Anyone who what?! Oh guys, I'm certain that whatever she was trying to tell you was important.....I just don't know what that was! :worries for our heroes:

Also, that last panel is awesome. I love the movement in it.

115:
I'm still loving Sarge. The Private made me giggle though. (It also makes me wonder how often a noble marries a non-noble... I mean, it's got to happen some, right? I doubt the rest of the nobles would look upon said person with much respect...but I'll bet it happens. Which then leads me to wonder if their offspring would have a diluted form of magic... Which then leads me to wonder if there are different strengths or classes of nobles based around how pure/powerful their magic is... Hmm...)

I have a question about this page though. Normally, your backgrounds are so clear as to what's going on...but I can't seem to figure out the left side. ...does the bathroom have stadium bench seating? Giant stairs? Is it a multi-tiered sauna or something? The image of Joe helping Bob is great, though! :D (Oh Bob, you're not the most athletic of the group, but I love you.)

Henson!!! Put that mug back! You wanna be wanted for theft too?!
Also, Kiku can sleep through almost anything... o_O That can't be healthy/normal.
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob has always been adorable, but he's getting cuter with every new strip, I swear. I mean seriously... jam stains? Criticising the bandit leaders' throwing style? Coming up with off the cuff plans for covering that they're wanted men (and woman)? Getting dragged around by Joe?

Less Than Three Never change, Bob. <3
Fenris_Vile
Courtier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, Kiku. Was your cocoa spiked with liquor or something? Shocked

Also, I second everything KitFang and XiaoCaity said.
MrPasserby
Courtier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the final panel of #114. Poor Henson--I get the feeling that he always is the one to pick up after everyone else. In this case, when Joe dropped Kiku as he finally got the hint in panel 5. (Does Kiku weigh the same as a hint, or did Joe just need both arms to catch the drift of what she was saying? Is this train of thought a sign of sleep deprivation?)

Full-hearted agreement with XiaoCaity. Even while being dragged out of a bar about to be raided by the city guard, Bob is adorably charming. (Could he teach me?)

115: As usual, the alt-text had me in stitches. I like those one-liners way too much.

I suspect the bartender was serious. He probably just wanted to know which group of miscreants Sarge was after. The underage students? The gazpacho afficionados? Overenthusiastic recruiters, evangelistic cultists, green-haired con artists, foreign royalty on the run...? Our heroes may not even be on the bartender's list of people to keep an eye on!

What do you mean what's wrong with Kiku? He was just introduced to hot cocoa for the first time of his life, and it clearly has a strong effect on him. Alternatively, he could just be the kind of guy that falls asleep when in a moving vehicle. Henson might count as such.

So, er, the main reason I visited the forum today was to tell a story. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and had a hard time getting back to sleep. I was just about to doze off again, when a startling thought snapped me back to full wakefulness: "Corporal Punishment wasn't in the last strip! I hope he's not waiting for them in the alley!"

...I think I need more sleep. For multiple reasons.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you guys are so observant. And you're quite right about... something. Nudge Nudge Not going to say what.

KitFang wrote:
I can't seem to figure out the left side.

My bad. XD It's supposed to be a big set of shelves against the wall, but I... neglected to draw any shelf-items. I should go back and add some towels and shampoo bottles there.

Also, "rapscallion" is probably the perfect word to describe Kiku. (Somehow I always think of it as midway between a "rascal" and a "scalawag.")

MrPasserby wrote:
Alternatively, he could just be the kind of guy that falls asleep when in a moving vehicle. Henson might count as such.

Hilarity
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
I should go back and add some towels and shampoo bottles there.

$towels++

Hopefully that helps. :D
b4k4-chan
Spark

Location: Somewhere bribing Cupid to shoot Kiku when Gauth is around

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the towels! =D It's a whole lot clearer now, too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in agreement with b4k4-chan on both points.
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeexcellent. Cheese!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: