Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

What are your favorite foods?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What name do the Scandinavians call it? I need a name that's compatible with my brain.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Amarath
Noble

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kransekake? It's Norwegian wedding cake that's more like a series of cookie rings that form a cone. With icing drizzled on top that holds the rngs on each other. Sooooooooo utterly and completely delicious. *Drools* I also forgot to put that on my list.

Last edited by Amarath on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:07 am; edited 3 times in total
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creepy Bob wrote:
Favorite foods? Well, I guess mention could be made of my soy burgers, with crème fraiche seasoned with pressed garlic, between whole wheat buns.

Yes, I probably make the sissiest burgers ever. Hey, at least I don't have brie on 'em.

You gots to be careful with the soy consumption being a male.. Unless you want a females chest. Shocked

Being polish I also love polish food. Such as kielbasa, and Polish sausage. There was also a polish chicken, sauce, and rice that I used to love.. Don't know what it's called.

I also love a good meatball sandwhich.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kransekake. It's been so long since I've had a kransekake. I have a friend getting married in a couple weeks. I should demand kransekake and threaten to attack everyone with a flamethrower if it's not served.

And Youngo, just what do you eat? You only list things you once ate.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Aravilui
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found mostly I like anything homemade. Most processed foods taste funny (I can taste the fakeness, weirdo that I am), and have funky textures.

Though, Young, I too wonder. A) If you liked them so much, why did you surrender them? and B) What do you like that you consume on a regular basis currently?
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eat raw foods these days... My meals consist of either raw fruits, or raw vegetables. I snack on almonds if i'm not eating some fruit.

I have a sensitive system and meats, and dairy, were creating havoc with it and I was paying for each and every morning.
Creepy Bob
Courtier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young wrote:
Creepy Bob wrote:
Favorite foods? Well, I guess mention could be made of my soy burgers, with crème fraiche seasoned with pressed garlic, between whole wheat buns.

Yes, I probably make the sissiest burgers ever. Hey, at least I don't have brie on 'em.

You gots to be careful with the soy consumption being a male.. Unless you want a females chest. Shocked

Too late. Still, soyburgers (which I obviously only eat occasionally as a treat) are pretty much the only soy based food I eat.

...other vegetable proteins don't have that problem to the same extent, right? I hope?

brady kj wrote:
What name do the Scandinavians call it? I need a name that's compatible with my brain.

Much like a Big Mac is a Big Mac in France, crème fraiche is crème fraiche in Sweden.
Aravilui
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young wrote:
I eat raw foods these days... My meals consist of either raw fruits, or raw vegetables. I snack on almonds if i'm not eating some fruit.

I have a sensitive system and meats, and dairy, were creating havoc with it and I was paying for each and every morning.

That sucks. Like, really sucks. But for some reason, in my mind that's better than 'because I had an ideological change' or something. I'm so ridiculous.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creepy Bob wrote:

Too late. Still, soyburgers (which I obviously only eat occasionally as a treat) are pretty much the only soy based food I eat.

...other vegetable proteins don't have that problem to the same extent, right? I hope?

I think Soy has a lot of estrogen in it and it can cause such a thing. Eating it from time to time will not create a noticeable difference. Excessive amounts however can.

So other vegetable proteins will not have the same result.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aravilui wrote:

That sucks. Like, really sucks. But for some reason, in my mind that's better than 'because I had an ideological change' or something. I'm so ridiculous.

Eh, it's part of my life I suppose. I've been vegetarian for two years, and i'm ok with it. There is noticeable differences between eating meat and non meat. If I'm craving anything I will eat some tuna..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: