Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Other Comics?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really read many webcomics...

I read Sam and Fuzzy

Penny Arcade

PvpOnline (I used to not read PvP because of Tauhid. True story I boycotted it until Tauhid did a guest strip for him a few years back)

Questionable Content

Sheldon

Jacq of Blades - Though I will say I enjoyed Jack of Blades more, and the fact that Art has become so popular he doesn't even take the time to say hi to those that were around before Jab started when he was doing Snow Day.

And True Magic from time to time.
Aravilui
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a master at finding those things that ought not be possible online, like being very welcome in a website and yet completely the outsider.

Housepets is an adorable comic. It doesn't follow a story as well as some necessarily, but there is something to be said for just cute comics.

However, it's the wonderful story that keeps me coming back to True Magic. The story and the art, of course.
Zela
Spark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS I found last night. It is a screencap retelling of Star Wars if a) the movies never existed, and b) it's all made up by a bunch of wacky roleplayers. OH MY GOODNESS IT ALL MAKES SENSE. And it's funny!

http://darthsanddroids.net/

Shockingly, it includes the words "Jar Jar, you're a genius!" and you can believe them. XD

(also because I can I'm linking to Dovecote Crest, because it's sweet, http://dovecotecrest.com/ and Wayrift, because it has me hooked forevermore on FFIV. http://www.wayrift.com/ (Warning: massive archives and prequels galore!(In fact if you go there I recommend you start with the Darkstar story so everything makes sense.)))
The unjust hath the just's umbrella
-Ogden Nash
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE Darths and Droids! I've been reading since they were on Star Wars Episode I. However, I've fallen behind on my reading due too busyhood, and am only up to page 470.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
MrPasserby
Courtier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Darths and Droids is pretty awesome. Among other things, it is the source of my favorite magic spell ever. What other spell has a trope named after it, not to mention its own theme song? (Fireball, probably. Whatever.)

Irregular Webcomic is another webcomic by one of Darths and Droids' creators, David Morgan-Mar. It's not easy to explain what it's about since it has about 18 concurrently running storylines which have almost nothing to do with each other. Also it's mostly done in Lego, with a few painted miniatures and the occasional author insert. But the most unusual thing about it is the annotations. Bet you never expected to learn about the economics of interstellar trade from reading a webcomic, did you? You can! Or you can skip the annotations and just drop by for the puns. Cheese!

I also highly recommend "Narbonic" and "Skin Horse" by Shaenon Garrity (the latter co-authored with Jeffrey Wells). Narbonic is a playful--perhaps even silly--story about mad scientists, death rays, "Pink Heart Evil", super-intelligent gerbils, more mad science, evil interns, romance and did I mention mad science? It concluded its run several years ago, but is currently being re-run with running commentary from the author.

Project Skin Horse is a secret government agency that provides social services to non-human sentients. Black Ops Social Services, if you will. Their neighbors in Annex One include the Department of Jetpack Suppression, the Bureau of Pre-Cambrian Defense, and the Department of Irradiation. (No prizes for guessing what they do all day. Or who has to integrate the resulting mutant animals into society afterwards.) One storyline features the cutest cobras EVER, another a knock-down zombie/panda fight, and the current one is apparently about a guy who married a swamp? (My confusion is only mollified by the fact that the characters are just as confused as I am.)

Yikes that post ended up way longer than I planned. Maybe I should skip mentioning The Non-Adventures of Wonderella.

...oops.
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so we're describing instead of just providing links. Ok then.

Spinnerette - Heather Brown, an awkward bio graduate student has an accident in the lab infusing her with spider DNA. Sounds familiar? Parodies other superhero comics. Updates MWF.

Eros and Psyche - A greek ... tragedy? I think this is Zela's. Black and white. Updates WFM

Wayward Sons - The Pantheans have just prevailed in a bloody civil war. Things go quickly awry while attempting to imprison the traitorous Kronos and a multitude of monstrous intergalactic criminals. Now the crew of the Ulympea, led by Captain Suras, must do whatever it takes to stem a full-scale prison break. What happens next, however, is completely unexpected! What starts as a straight forward Sci-Fi story, soon takes twists and turns into a genre-bending epic that defies explanation. Updates everyday, including weekends. We should have a pool on how long before the author wears out.

The Adventures of the 19XX - The 19XX is a secret group of adventurers tasked with preventing another Great War. At the least they must ensure the survival of the human race past the 20th century. Updates every two weeks.

String Theory - Mad Science. 'Nuff said. (Also, lot's of explosions and violence, but that goes with the genre.) Takes place in the future of an alternative timeline where the Cuban Missile Crisis had gone horribly wrong. Usually in color. Updates once a week, sometimes twice.

The Dreamland Chronicles - Since a boy, Alexander's sleep was dreamless. Now he can dream again. The author tries to update weekdays.

Buck Godot - Zap Gun for Hire - A science fiction adventure series by Phil Foglio. If you do not know who Phil Foglio is, please GTFO. Updates never, because the comic is finished. :D

Myth Adventures - Another fine comic by Phil Foglio. Is an adaptation of a novel by some Asprin guy. Updates T.Th.Sat to match Girl Genius' MWF.

Dresden Codak - The author is some kind of crazy transhumanist. The comics fall into two categories, those that are part of a story line and those that are not. There are currently two story lines, one of which is finished. Also is the birthplace of Dungeons and Discourse.

I guess I should explain Transmission X Comics Collective. It is a group of professional comics industry artists. The site is home to some of the best web comics on the web today. There is a tendency for really, really slow updates. I'll only mention The Abominable Charles Christopher because it is a fun read, really cute, SFW, and has a consistent update schedule of every Wednesday.
Zela
Spark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D: You just linked my site! [happy happy]
The unjust hath the just's umbrella
-Ogden Nash
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I just stumbled across a link that I'm thinking could use some more readers.

http://battlepug.com/

Fantastic art, but some scenes could be considered NSFW. Violence, pg-13 level nudity, talking dogs and the like.

But mostly a big muscly barbarian who (will eventually) ride a giant mutant pug into battle. Oh, and he posts pictures of his readers pugs as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: