Homeville
Open 25 Hours
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

#72: Bonus Page
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 545
Location: Behind you.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem. Panel five.

Next thing you people will be asking "When do they sleep?" "Why do we see them eat but never take bathroom breaks?" "How do they recover so quickly from dastardly falls, inhuman tosses and blistering footpaths as if no harm were ever done?" "By what exotic and unknown forces does Kiku's hair continue to defy the laws of gravity?" "Are the guards nobles too since they can produce fire?" "Why is there no blood when you-know-who gets bitten by you-know-what many, many times?" "What happened to the dance?" "Who is that duck?"

:meh:
_________________
Use your powers for evil.
Donate and earn the right to say, "Tulsileaf exists thanks to me!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
see317
Royalty


Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 706

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tulsileaf wrote:
Ahem. Panel five.

Next thing you people will be asking "When do they sleep?" "Why do we see them eat but never take bathroom breaks?" "How do they recover so quickly from dastardly falls, inhuman tosses and blistering footpaths as if no harm were ever done?" "By what exotic and unknown forces does Kiku's hair continue to defy the laws of gravity?" "Are the guards nobles too since they can produce fire?" "Why is there no blood when you-know-who gets bitten by you-know-what many, many times?" "What happened to the dance?" "Who is that duck?"

:meh:

Logic from an individual in the group is acceptable.
Logic from the group as a whole is an entirely different story.

As to your questions:
They sleep off screen, though they are still on the first day of their adventure so sleepy time has not been a neccesity yet.
Bathroom breaks occur offscreen, and in some especially creepy fan art. Nobody around here really wants to see either.
Fast recovery from all of the above is related to the miraculous healing powers of a well crafted sandwich.
Red hair has long been known as a sign of unholy powers associated with people tragically born without a soul, clearly Kiku has managed to control these abilities and use them to give his hair that unique and special lift.
The guards are likely lesser nobles. Not high enough in the political atmosphere to get a cushier job, but still wanting a position that enables them to torment the local peasentry, or possibly they're unacknowledged bastard children of the true nobility, or maybe they are true nobles looking for a way to relax from their duties. What better way to relax then by inflicting a few third degree burns on unwary peasents?
Clearly you-know-what has a special venom that prevents it's victims from bleeding. This allows the you-know-what to bring the victim you-know-where so that you-know-what can eat them while they're still nominally alive. Fortunately you-know-who still has a chance to be saved if you-know-what can be taken unaware and killed before you-know-when.
The dance is dead, pretty sure a white guy killed it.

...Listen, if you can't even follow the duck plot line throughout the comic then I don't know what else I can do to help you. I mean, the duck is central to understanding the deep underpinnings of the plot in the comic and real world tensions between the multitude of religions. It's amazing how Aja was able to work that much symbolism into what is at first glance such a minor character in the narrative. Watch, in 15 years all religious arguments will be resolved with a simple, sagely said "Quack". All people involved with the argument will accept this as the best possible resolution.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aja
Pajamazon


Joined: 21 Jul 2002
Posts: 1831
Location: Thataway

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last! Someone who groks the full depth and subtlety of my metaphorical allegory, distilled and emblematized into its purest form as a small yellow duck.

You really get me, man.

*sniff*


...Our heroes do have a few good* reasons for not wanting to wait overnight, even if those reasons haven't been explicitly exposited in the comic yet. It should become clearer as they go along, with at least one point coming up in the next few pages.

Thanks for bringing that up, Amarath. If a plot point doesn't seem to make sense, I definitely want to hear about it so that I can make sure it's addressed in the comic. Wink


* More or less.
_________________
"The one concession a sane man will never yield the universe is that of considering it seriously."
~ James Branch Cabell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
see317
Royalty


Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 706

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good reasons include:
There are spiders out here!
It's dark here, can't read in the dark!
...Listen, you ever try to sharpen a spear-broom by moonlight? It just doesn't work.
There are possibly sandwiches inside!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Amarath
Noble


Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 219
Location: Under your bed.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see317 wrote:
Good reasons include:
There are spiders out here!
It's dark here, can't read in the dark!
...Listen, you ever try to sharpen a spear-broom by moonlight? It just doesn't work.
There are possibly sandwiches inside!

Don't be a sissy, Henson! Squish the spiders if they bother you.
You should be sleeping not reading, Bob.
You don't need to sharpen the spear-broom.
And you'll get fat if you eat too many sandwiches. Besides, what are you going to pay the sandwich people with?
_________________
It doesn't matter what skin color you are, all humans have the same guts and blood on the inside. Unless there's something wrong with your liver or something like that. You all taste horrible, too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
see317
Royalty


Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 706

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amarath wrote:
see317 wrote:
Good reasons include:
There are spiders out here!
It's dark here, can't read in the dark!
...Listen, you ever try to sharpen a spear-broom by moonlight? It just doesn't work.
There are possibly sandwiches inside!

Don't be a sissy, Henson! Squish the spiders if they bother you.
You should be sleeping not reading, Bob.
You don't need to sharpen the spear-broom.
And you'll get fat if you eat too many sandwiches. Besides, what are you going to pay the sandwich people with?

I'm betting Kiku has a credit card. Americlaws Express, I'm thinking. Great introductory rates, but the penalties for late payments are a real killer.
But, you know, you keep up with the payments and they're friendly enough. It's a "You scratch their back, they'll scratch yours in 6-9 weeks" kind of thing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Amarath
Noble


Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 219
Location: Under your bed.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see317 wrote:
Amarath wrote:
see317 wrote:
Good reasons include:
There are spiders out here!
It's dark here, can't read in the dark!
...Listen, you ever try to sharpen a spear-broom by moonlight? It just doesn't work.
There are possibly sandwiches inside!

Don't be a sissy, Henson! Squish the spiders if they bother you.
You should be sleeping not reading, Bob.
You don't need to sharpen the spear-broom.
And you'll get fat if you eat too many sandwiches. Besides, what are you going to pay the sandwich people with?

I'm betting Kiku has a credit card. Americlaws Express, I'm thinking. Great introductory rates, but the penalties for late payments are a real killer.
But, you know, you keep up with the payments and they're friendly enough. It's a "You scratch their back, they'll scratch yours in 6-9 weeks" kind of thing.
But if the sandwiches got stolen, the credit cards/money has been stolen, too.
_________________
It doesn't matter what skin color you are, all humans have the same guts and blood on the inside. Unless there's something wrong with your liver or something like that. You all taste horrible, too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB