Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Took Him Long Enough
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Took Him Long Enough Reply with quote

Is it just me or did it take Hensen a long time to recover from that punch to the gut? I mean really, I thought he was more resilient then that. Oh well, nothing beats comedic timing, and nothing beats the element of surprise. Now Hensen can have it one on one with the leader seeing as the other two bandits have been taken care off. Although no one knows when the other will recover from being stabbed in the ribs by Kiku's finger.
Amarath
Noble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... Henson had to walk all the way back after he got hit. Maybe he just walks slowly... Glower
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, he did get punched all the way down the road and around the corner... not to mention out of his pack. XD (Inventing one's own physics is one of the perks of being a comic author.) So he had to do some walking.

Can't say I've had a ton of brawling experience, but it took me a few minutes to recover after a preschooler punched me in the stomach. (Granted, I was also a preschooler at the time, but still.) Huh Lester's a big guy with a big fist. Maybe I'm wrong, but I figure that's gotta hurt for a while, even if he wasn't trying very hard.

Anyway, be sure to tell me when this stuff doesn't make sense! Comic physics aside, I really want the story to seem logical. Cheese!
Kath
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd believe that recovery time easy. I've gotten the wind knocked out of me before, and it took a bit to figure out how that whole breathing thing worked again. To be fair, I doubt I'm as resilient as Henson, but I wasn't sent flying over fifty feet either. Even if Lester wasn't trying, Henson's lucky he's not in worse condition than the skinny bandit.

In other news, is Bob reading a cookbook?
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kath wrote:
I'd believe that recovery time easy. I've gotten the wind knocked out of me before, and it took a bit to figure out how that whole breathing thing worked again. To be fair, I doubt I'm as resilient as Henson, but I wasn't sent flying over fifty feet either. Even if Lester wasn't trying, Henson's lucky he's not in worse condition than the skinny bandit.

In other news, is Bob reading a cookbook?

"To Serve Man"?
Spark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, Henson is awesome. Cheese!
And Bob is epic cool-as-a-cucumber.
Cookbook? No, it's that stupi- I mean, brilliantly useful etiquette book. (it saved his life, after all)
The unjust hath the just's umbrella
-Ogden Nash
XiaoCaity
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love Bob's 'well yes, I'm sure this is a very deadly weapon, but I have a BOOK here and your weapon is of no further use to you' expression. I love him sooooooo much.
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been said the pen is mightier than the sword. Now the broom and book are also mightier. I'm starting to think, perhaps, the sword is the weakest weapon out there.

And, Madame Aja, you make good use of abstract expressions. Smile
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee, thanks. Cheese!

Tulsileaf wrote:
It has been said the pen is mightier than the sword. Now the broom and book are also mightier. I'm starting to think, perhaps, the sword is the weakest weapon out there.

Could be. Also, swords are pretty useless for getting cobwebs and dustbunnies out of corners... and you can't really enjoy an evening in bed with a sword and a cup of cocoa (unless you have very unusual tastes).

In other news, I'm beginning to suspect that See's sense of humor is contagious.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
Hee, thanks. Cheese!

Tulsileaf wrote:

Could be. Also, swords are pretty useless for getting cobwebs and dustbunnies out of corners... and you can't really enjoy an evening in bed with a sword and a cup of cocoa (unless you have very unusual tastes).

In other news, I'm beginning to suspect that See's sense of humor is contagious.

What's so unusual about a cup of cocoa?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: