Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

The Story Telling Game!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: The Story Telling Game! Reply with quote

The rules are simple. Each person writes a sentence or few which continue the story. Let's see where it goes.

As usual, I go first. Cheese!

Quote:
It was stark and wormy blight; the mold grew in torrents, except in certain intervals when the lack of rain caused it to crumble into dust colouring the streets with a grey green (for it is in Westphalia that our scene lies), agitating the parched peasant folk into fierce uprisings against the local prince, who ruled in darkness.

Edit: Rules ammended thanks to to Creepy Bob's spectacular addition.

Compilations by Creepy Bob:
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Thwee

Start of current chapter in progress.
Today I learned of a better way to link to posts. The correct stats are: Last edited by Tulsileaf on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 4 times in total

Last edited by Tulsileaf on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:40 am; edited 5 times in total
Creepy Bob
Courtier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The Story Telling Game! Reply with quote

Tulsileaf wrote:
The rules are simple. Each person writes a sentence which continues the story. Let's see where it goes.

As usual, I go first. Cheese!

Quote:
It was stark and wormy blight; the mold grew in torrents, except in certain intervals when the lack of rain caused it to crumble into dust colouring the streets with a grey green (for it is in Westphalia that our scene lies), agitating the parched peasant folk into fierce uprisings against the local prince, who ruled in darkness.

Quote:
"The prince was a primordial dwarf, the tiniest man you could imagine, except for his teeth and most notably his ears, which he could use as parasols.
It was rumored that he cared for no other living thing, save for his stable of purebred Giant-ear Rabbits. When the prince sentenced someone to death with that disturbingly squeaky voice of his, it was these rabbits that were used to carry out the execution; aside from genetics, it was said that it was the diet of human flesh that caused the humongous size of their ears."

...I've already ruined it, haven't I?

Nice reference to the worst intro ever, by the way! Cheese!
Tulsileaf
Mink Sith Lord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: The Story Telling Game! Reply with quote

Creepy Bob wrote:
Nice reference to the worst intro ever, by the way! Cheese!

Thank you. :blush:

Quote:
...I've already ruined it, haven't I?

Oh no. I think it was quite fine. It is already starting to sound like one of those Phil and Kaja Foglio short stories with Othar Tryggvassen, Gentleman Adventurer.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Story Telling Game! Reply with quote

Creepy Bob wrote:
Tulsileaf wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
"The prince was a primordial dwarf, the tiniest man you could imagine, except for his teeth and most notably his ears, which he could use as parasols.
It was rumored that he cared for no other living thing, save for his stable of purebred Giant-ear Rabbits. When the prince sentenced someone to death with that disturbingly squeaky voice of his, it was these rabbits that were used to carry out the execution; aside from genetics, it was said that it was the diet of human flesh that caused the humongous size of their ears."
But oh, how the disgusting primordial dwarf-lord loved his rabbits. He doted on them night and day, and would deny them nothing that was within his power. Of course, he couldn't actually speak the arcane language of his Giant-ear Rabbits; twisted, spidery and dark as it was he couldn't force the words to form correctly with his malformed jaws. So he mostly entertained himself by throwing the guilty and innocent alike to them and listening to the death screams of his enemies as they where nibbled to death by the foul razor teeth of his delightfully fuzzy brood. Curiously though, had he actually managed to master the foul language of the Giant-ear Rabbits, he would have learned that this is exactly what they wanted. So it all worked out in the short run.
Courtier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The Story Telling Game! Reply with quote

see317 wrote:
But oh, how the disgusting primordial dwarf-lord loved his rabbits. He doted on them night and day, and would deny them nothing that was within his power. Of course, he couldn't actually speak the arcane language of his Giant-ear Rabbits; twisted, spidery and dark as it was he couldn't force the words to form correctly with his malformed jaws. So he mostly entertained himself by throwing the guilty and innocent alike to them and listening to the death screams of his enemies as they where nibbled to death by the foul razor teeth of his delightfully fuzzy brood. Curiously though, had he actually managed to master the foul language of the Giant-ear Rabbits, he would have learned that this is exactly what they wanted. So it all worked out in the short run.

Quote:
"It was during one of these gruesome rabbity feeding orgies that the Midget Lord's parabolic ears picked up something unfamiliar above the screams issuing from the Rabbit Pits; he thought he could hear whisperings among the unwashed peasant masses about storming the Cerumen Palace and overwthrowing him. Him, the benevolent leader, beloved by all?! In the name of freedom and all that is decent, this could not be allowed!

So, in the name of freedom and all that is decent, the Midget Lord prayed to the Devil for aid.

Now, it just so happened that even the Prince of Lies found the Lord very disagreeable, refusing to help without a sufficient tithe. A high price indeed: to dine on the putrid, night-black flesh of one of the Midget Lord's favored.
However, after a significant amount of high-pitched nasal whining on the Lord's side, the price was haggled down to a goblin, if it was a particularily foul goblin.
The Midget Lord did have a member of this increasingly rare species penned up somewhere, to be used as a treat for his rabbits. It broke his heart to deny his beloved, but it was preferrable to the Unthinkable.

On the agreed-upon time, the Prince of Lies turned up at the Midget Lord's palace to collect His payment. The very moment the Lord opened the door, the Devil swallowed him whole, mistaking the odiferous, diminutive Lord for the goblin He had been promised.
The Midget Lord's bodyguards acted fast, forcing the Devil's jaws open and pulling their liege out of His gut.
Getting a dwarf violently ripped out of your stomach is excruciatingly painful even for a denizen of the abyssal realms, so the Prince of Lies took to His cloven heels.
Affronted and drenched with infernal bile, the Midget Lord sicced his Guard Rabbits on the fleeing Devil.

It was now official: the Midget Lord was a bigger jerk than Satan himself.

His Infernal Majesty returned to Hell to lick His wounds and plot revenge. He would visit upon to the Midget Lord the stuff of his worst nightmares.

He sent the vile spectres known as the Men-With-No-Ears to exact the foulest vengeance imaginable..."

Whew, turned out a bit on the long side. Sorry, but I was feeling inspired.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah, the earless ones..." mmbled the dark lord to himself. "Surely, this will be vengeance to be enjoyed."
Peering deep into his scrying pool, the Hell Lord waited eagerly for the show to begin.
"It's just a shame I was robbed of my feast..."
His hungrily speculative eyes darted around his viewing room, and the minor imps in attendance, knowing full well that their master was far from picky in his meals, hastened to make themselves scarce. A minor scuffle broke out near a particularly choice hiding spot, and a slow dim-witted imp was thrown from the fracas and sent sliding in into the middle of the floor.
Courtier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see317 wrote:
"Ah, the earless ones..." mmbled the dark lord to himself. "Surely, this will be vengeance to be enjoyed."
Peering deep into his scrying pool, the Hell Lord waited eagerly for the show to begin.
"It's just a shame I was robbed of my feast..."
His hungrily speculative eyes darted around his viewing room, and the minor imps in attendance, knowing full well that their master was far from picky in his meals, hastened to make themselves scarce. A minor scuffle broke out near a particularly choice hiding spot, and a slow dim-witted imp was thrown from the fracas and sent sliding in into the middle of the floor.

Quote:
A sudden hush laid itself over the room, not even the screams of the damned being able to penetrate the high quality sound isolation of Lucifer's Media Room. The Dark Lord of Iniquity eyed the imp with ravenous delight.
"You, peon, shall have the honor of slaking your Master's hunger!"
The imp grovelled and prostrated itself before Him.
"Massster, noesss! No hurtss, no hurtsss, I alwaysss servesss you good!" it hissed, its tiny red eyes weeping putrescent green-black tears.
"Silence!", the Devil roared, grabbing the imp by the scruff of the neck and dunking it in a vat of infernal cheese fondue.
He then turned back to His scrying pool, nibbling on a scorched, cheesy wing.

The Midget Lord cleaned himself up as best he could in his rabbit footed bathtub; the Satanic Stomach Juice was very stubborn to wash off though. The constant burning sensation didn't do much to help his already revolution-anxious mood.
Little did he know that things would get even worse still.
Barely had his servants tucked him in between his rabbit ear print sheets that the Rabbit Stable Boy most rudely burst into the bedroom.
The Midget Lord sprung up into a sitting postion, wearing a scowl that revealed to the world a most unflattering view of his snaggly, bucktoothed overbite.
"What is the meaning of this?! Have ye no manners, serf?!", he yapped.
The stableboy pressed his forehead against the polished marble floor.
"A thousand apologies for interrupting your rest, sire! But... your rabbits! S-someone has ...slain your Giant-ear Rabbits!"
The Midget Lord screeched an ear-piercing screech of pure do-not-wantness and fainted"

Dun-dun-DUNN
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry I missed this, but it looks like I'll have to play the part of the Protagonist for now. After all Satan can't be the only one against the Midget Lord.

Quote:
Dispatching the last of the fluffy monstrosities a hero emerges from the pile of gore, inexplicably clean and still very heroic in image. He climbs atop the mound stricking a pose of strength and showing off his enormous muscles as his cape catches the wind. The Midget Lord, after regaining his senses rushed to the room to find our hero thus. In outrage he squeaked, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!"

Our hero smiles with a brilliant flash of perfect white teeth before replying. "I have slain your beasts for the sake of Love and Peace, for I am Action Jack!"

The Midget Lord fell to his knees, debilitated by the loss of his precious pets and let forth a horrendous scream (which sounded more like a pig's squeal) as our hero proceeded to exit the building with a toss of his perfect golden hair.
Creepy Bob
Courtier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hovering in a darkened corner of the Rabbit Stable, the Men-With-No-Ears watched the scene unfold.
It would seem that this rebel hero has beat us to the kill, my brother, said one in a cold, ethereal whisper.
Most vexing, agreed the other one.
Yet, an idea occurs to me, said the first one.
Wreak bloody havoc on this city and let the blame fall on the rebels? said the other.
My thoughts exactly, my brother. After all, our Master did not specify that the Midget Lord was the only one who had to suffer, now did he?
I do love how your mind works, brother. Come, let us begin the defilement of this city of pitiful be-eared ones.
The Men-With-No-Ears faded away, leaving the Midget Lord to his grief. No point in even trying to inflict further torment on him when he was already as miserable as he could get. Tears are such a waste of good suffering.

They would return when the Midget Lord thought he was starting to recover.

see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The dark lord leaned forward in his throne, gazing deeper into his scrying dish. His deep chortle echoing through the his chamber.
It wasn't the show he was expecting, but entertaining none the less.
Still, there was a problem. He had ordered his Earless Ones to punish the dwarf lord, and it rankled to have his revenge taken from him.
Leaning closer to the scrying bowl he whispered to his Earless Ones.
"Take your recreation in the city, but when you're done remember: I ordered my Earless Ones to take vengeance for me, and this human hero has taken the play that belongs to you. As such, he has chosen to do my will and, knowingly or not, he is now mine. And I am giving him to you. When you're done in the city, welcome your new brother to the game."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: