Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

#26 Skullduggery!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilyvale
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: #26 Skullduggery! Reply with quote

I haven't really commented lately, but I'm definitely enjoying the comic this time around. The art is beautiful!

Anyway, as for this particular page:

- I hope Kiku stays in that outfit for a while. (Because I like humiliating him, I suppose).

- Bob + glasses = WIN! They look really cute on him!
LadyYlenia
Lunar Sorceress

Location: The Moon... or the Pacific NW. I get those confused sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Joe & Jen siblings? Confused

Also, Ominous!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I'm glad you're enjoying it, lilyvale!

Kiku might indeed stay in that outfit for now (if only because he's so fun to draw that way). Cheese!

LadyYlenia wrote:

It is not inconceivable. Nudge Nudge
Kath
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyYlenia wrote:

Oh look, I'm not the only one who's wondering! That question's been driving me crazy since page 17, but I thought maybe I just forgot something from way back in the old stuff.

On another note, I admire Bob's strategic retreat in the final panel. I'd totally do the same thing in his place.
Tadanori Oyama
Serf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just assumed they where related since they seem to be the only ones who share a hair color. Though the difference in their eyes, one's being blue and the other's brown, strikes me as odd if they are siblings.
Paul_V
Courtier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tadanori Oyama wrote:
I'd just assumed they where related since they seem to be the only ones who share a hair color. Though the difference in their eyes, one's being blue and the other's brown, strikes me as odd if they are siblings.

Perfectly possible according to human genetics. Even moreso if their parents as well have the same eye colour (and assuming the brown-eyed parent has a recessive allele for blue eyes as well. Otherwise, the offspring would be all brown-eyed).

Blue-eyed parent + Brown-eyed parent (with the aforementioned recessive allele) = 75% of blue-eyed children.

Brown-eyed parent (with allele) + Brown-eyed parent (with allele) = 50% of blue-eyed children.

Brown-eyed parent (without allele) + Parent of any eye colour = 100% of brown-eyed children.

That was today's Biology lesson, class. Any questions? Razz
Saint Cy
Spark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen's eyes look violet to me!

I read that green eyes were the rarest eye color!

Heterochromia of the eye is when your eyes are different colors!
Nemilay
Spark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh punent (sp?) squares. My sister recently brought me homework assignments with those on them. It feels like forever since I've had to deal with them though. Beside the fact that I don't think genes are that predictable. Example: my family. List of siblings with hair and eye color starting with me,

Brown, Hazel.
Brownish Red, Brown.
Blonde, Blue.
Dark Brown, Brown.

My mom has Black hair with blue eyes, and my Dad has Blonde hair and blue eyes. So where did the red come from? Best guess my mom's side of the family since her family immigrated from Ireland 2 or 3 generations ago. My mom's siblings all have dark hair in shades of brown or black so it's possible that my red headed sister got her color from my dad's side since his brother had red hair in a very different shade. My cousins both have bright red hair with Green and Blue colored eyes from their father the only one on my Dad's side with red hair. My dad and his sister have blonde hair and their step brother has black. Genetics are not quite as predictable as one might hope. Only me and my third sister look like siblings. The blonde one looks like she belongs to my Dad's sister's family. This stated it is just as likely that Jen and Bob could be siblings as it is that she is Joe's sister. And it's just as likely that none of them are related. I conclude I have proved nothing Razz . Nudge Nudge
Kath
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemilay wrote:
Ahh punent (sp?) squares. My sister recently brought me homework assignments with those on them. It feels like forever since I've had to deal with them though. Beside the fact that I don't think genes are that predictable. Example: my family. List of siblings with hair and eye color starting with me,

Brown, Hazel.
Brownish Red, Brown.
Blonde, Blue.
Dark Brown, Brown.

My mom has Black hair with blue eyes, and my Dad has Blonde hair and blue eyes. So where did the red come from? Best guess my mom's side of the family since her family immigrated from Ireland 2 or 3 generations ago. My mom's siblings all have dark hair in shades of brown or black so it's possible that my red headed sister got her color from my dad's side since his brother had red hair in a very different shade. My cousins both have bright red hair with Green and Blue colored eyes from their father the only one on my Dad's side with red hair. My dad and his sister have blonde hair and their step brother has black. Genetics are not quite as predictable as one might hope. Only me and my third sister look like siblings. The blonde one looks like she belongs to my Dad's sister's family. This stated it is just as likely that Jen and Bob could be siblings as it is that she is Joe's sister. And it's just as likely that none of them are related. I conclude I have proved nothing Razz . Nudge Nudge

Yeah, that sorta stuff happens, especially if the phenotype is controlled by more than one locus, or if one locus turns off the expression of a second one, or any number of other complications that I'm too lazy to list.

In other news, you're right, we have no evidence that any of them are unrelated! I say this matter calls for mass speculation.
Paul_V
Courtier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint Cy wrote:
Jen's eyes look violet to me!

I read that green eyes were the rarest eye color!

Heterochromia of the eye is when your eyes are different colors!

True, but that's a possible colour (albeit exceedingly rare) if you have blue eyes. All it takes is some haemorrhage in the iris or a random mutation in the gene that controls the formation of eye pigments.

True again, since they require a very specific combination of alleles.

Actually, there are two kinds of heterochromia. The one you're talking about it total or complete heterochromia, while there's another one where you only have a piece of your iris in a different colour. For example, I have brown eyes, but about a quarter of my left eye is gray. That's partial or sectorial heterochromia.

Quote:

Brown, Hazel.
Brownish Red, Brown.
Blonde, Blue.
Dark Brown, Brown.

Well, genetics actually aren't predictable at all. That's why you work with probabilities and percentages. And even in the case of 100% chance of something happening, you might have a child with a rare mutation that manifests something that shouldn't be. And that's when the parents start questioning if the child is theirs. Razz

Actually, it's very likely that your family ended up that way. If your mother had a recessive allele for red hair (which would be "covered up" by the dark hair allele), about 50% of her children could have been born redheaded, depending on your father's genes. But those brown eyes are definitely strange. You know what? I'm going to go study genetics a bit more. :D

Wild mass speculation time!

* Jen and Joe are siblings.

* Riku and Henson are siblings. Shocked

* Bob is the red-haired stepchild!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: