Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy birthday, SEE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's life. Started in February, and I've pretty much entirely cut soda out, and reduced carbs a lot (though god knows I miss french fries). Increased veggies, joined a gym.
Nearly down to 200 lbs last time I checked (I think i'm going to start saying this in kilos, because "I weigh about 90 kilos" sounds a lot better than "I weigh a bit over 200 pounds"). I don't think I've weighed that little since half way through high school.
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, you guys! Those are big accomplishments.

I mean, I just hauled a couple of 40-pound CRT monitors down some stairs the other day, and it felt pretty good to put those down. I can only imagine what a relief it must have been to get 90 pounds lighter.

And seriously, See, I have a lot of respect for someone who's willing to choose a diet and lifestyle upgrade over the insulin needles. (A lot of people would stick with the cake no matter the cost.)

Anyway, cheers again to both of you for the good work! I'd be happy to hear about any further progress you feel like sharing. Grin
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low-Tech Eureka! Happy Birthday, See! Low-Tech Eureka!

I hope life is continuing to improve for you. Grin
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday, SEE! What are you up to these days?

brady-kj.deviantart.com
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, Seebor!!

May all your wishes be granted... Well, not ALL of them. Cause that one, with the three legged piggie, and the wolf... That's just a fairy tale if you think it doesn't end with bacon.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Birthday wishes all. Sorry I haven't been around here more.

@Aja, Life continues. Ups and downs.
Down: My fridge died so I had to replace it, had to cancel the gym membership to make the payments on the fridge.
Up: I now have a fridge with a water dispenser in it and space for a good portion of a cow in the freezer should I have need (and opportunity) to store one.
Down: Quitting the gym has had a noticeable effect that's only positive in the fact that it means I've gained back some of that weight.
Up: I'll have the fridge paid off in another two months and a new gym has opened fairly close that's far more flexible in hours than the old one.

@Brady kj
I'm up to the same old stuff mostly. Trying to find a local D&D group since real life keeps getting in the way of getting together with my old group. Not my real life, theirs.
I'm a lich. It looks like I'm alive and I move about and all, but I have no life of my own. Or arcane power. Maybe I'm more of a zombie with slightly less rotting? A vampire of some sort? Grin

@Young
No, that one begins with bacon. It ends with pure magic on toast. And what comes after that will truly amaze you. And disgust you.
Equal measures really.
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure know that undead feeling. I left my D&D group due to lack of energy and the players I like leaving the group. I'm slowly turning back into a zombie myself. Sorry you had to cancel your gym membership. But you got a plan to rejoin. I only have dreams of joining a gym.

Say, are you still good at drawing?

brady-kj.deviantart.com
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No, that one begins with bacon. It ends with pure magic on toast. And what comes after that will truly amaze you. And disgust you.

Mmmm... You must be speaking of pickled pigs feet. Gross! My parents and grandparents are Polish. And as such, pigs feet, is an actual Polish delicacy. I don't know why, it just is. So there would be some days I'd come home, ask my mom, want is for dinner and she'd say, "pigs feet." Naturally as a kid you think this is a ha ha funny answer. Until you actually saw, it as no joke, and was an actual thing... Luckily, she only ever made it for herself, and my grandfather. Though I do wonder, do they taste like bacon?

Ahhh, D&D. I have not played a game of that. Well, since we all played it on Thoir. Which, did not go as smoothly as I would have liked/hoped. Don't have the group of friends to sit down with a game some D&D with. Or, more aptly, group of friends into that stuff.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Brady kj
I doodle on occasion, but rarely have the motivation to do much beyond just crude doodles and scrawling "Why won't this meeting end?" in the margins of my notepad. When I do get that inclination and go dig out my stuff I find my sketchpad full of half finished ideas, my pens dry and my hands suddenly having forgotten how to draw a line.

@young
I'd guess that pig feet being a polish delicacy stems from the same place as soul food considering pigs feet a delicacy: when that's all you've got to eat, you find a way to make it tasty. And when it's the middle of winter, and all you've got is a jar of pigs feet you're grateful for the feet.
I'd imagine they tend to be more like ham than bacon since unlike the pig belly (home of bacon) the feet gets a lot of work. But the part of me that's curious is outvoted by the rest of me.

There's a game shop not too far that does D&D Adventure leagues that I'd like to hit up, but my inner idiot keeps screaming that it would be rude to show up and intrude on someone else's game and it would be much easier to stretch out on the couch and watch TV. And I've never been very good at first impressions, once I get comfortable with a group I'm a lot more open, but getting there...

Lost my last group because of some feud between other players. Not sure exactly what happened but the mutual friend that invited me initially started having to crank up the OT hours on the weekends, the other players didn't like him missing the games, angry emails were exchanged, then I stopped getting emails letting me know when the next session was. I figured life was getting in the way and didn't want to bug the guy who was hosting/DMing the game in that case. I didn't hear what details I have for months, now it seems like it would be awkward all around to ask if I could get re-invited to the game without the mutual friend.
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. There can be drama in groups. I've heard about conflicts breaking apart LARP groups. And I left my last D&D group because there were two obnoxious players who as often as possible found ways to kill the enemies while doing damage to their friends, and they laughed and laughed.
But I met my best friend in a D&D group full of strangers, so it's worth it to stick your neck out there. If I were you, I'd go to the store and ask the clerk about meeting the DM or getting their contact information before playing.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: