Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Birthday Aja!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saint Cy
Spark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, Aja! Wishing you all the best.

I still check back to see every new comic page, still loving all of it. Just so you know! It's been a long time now since I found your site, and I'm so glad I did. Thank you!
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, Aja! I hope today has been a good day for you.

"..."

...?

"Is....is that all?"

Huh?

"No cake?"

Uh...

"No baked goods?"

Well-

"No confectionary creations of chaos? No pastries of pain? No desserts of DESTRUCTION?!"

Whoa, whoa, whoa! What the heck is with the interrogation? I'm not on trial here!

"You're not on...what are you talking about?! You are ABSOLUTELY ON TRIAL HERE!!"

**Sure enough, Shadow is seated on the defendant's side of a full, and angry courtroom**

....Oh. Uh, right, so I am. Well, that certainly does explain the orange jumpsuit...

....and the manacles....

....and the armed guards....

...But it DOES NOT explain why I have to wear the Hannibal-style mask!

"Your honor, the defendant here is hereby accused of being in violation of the terms of his restraining order against any and all kitchens."

H-How dare you! If this was about last year, those time travel shenanigans were perfectly legal!

"No, this is about THIS year. You used an oven with the express purpose of baking a cake for Aja's birthday, didn't you?"

No! Of course not! In this universe, anyway...

"Say that again please? Louder, for the record?"

I said I didn't use an oven for baking a cake for Aja's birthday! ...In this universe. See, apparently, what with the whole time travel thing last year, I figured THIS universe had it in for me with baking a cake. But if I baked a cake in a DIFFERENT universe, one not bound by the laws enforcing this restraining order...or the laws of physics as we know it, then....

"....and THAT, is where you made a grievous error. For the purposes of your restraining order, we chose to enforce it under the assumption that we live in a singular, quilted universe, one where "alternate dimensions" are merely extensions of this one, separated solely by the vast infinity of space! Which makes your attempted circumvention of the law a clear violation of your restraining order!"

Damn string theory~! Don't you understand? What is so terrible about me trying to bake a homemade and heartfelt gift for my friend and gifted comic creator? Have you all no sense of decency?!

"This isn't about that! Just buy her a cake from a fancy bakery! Quit trying to tear apart the fabric of reality!"

But....but...I can bake good! Honest! Those other times, they were just flukes, and....and.... Very Sad

Defense Attorney #01: Your honor, my client wishes to plead insanity.

Judge: Accepted! However, in addition to being committed, you will have to attend court supervised cooking lessons until such time as your baking skills are no longer a menace to society, and, for this year you will need to buy Aja a cake. From one of the bakeries on this court-approved list.

"I...uh...well, I guess that works."

*struggling in a straightjacket* Look, can you at least get the cake from the same place as last year? That cake was EXCELLENT. Music I think it was a bakery in San Dimas....

"Sorry. It looks like that place closed in the early 90s."

BOGUS! Well, look, can you at least let me stay for any party there might be before you wheel me off?

"....Yeah, alright."

**One bakery trip, and two escape attempts later, Shadow is wheeled back into the topic with a impressive, but completely non-threatening cake**

So, again, Happy Birthday, Aja!
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Sometimes a Cake Is Just a Cake Reply with quote

*hugs Cy and Shadow*

Thank you! You guys totally brightened my day. Grin

I'm glad that you found the site, too. Half the fun of making the comic is knowing that there are awesome, nice people around to share it with.

...Ooh! Is that cake?

*runs various Geiger counters, dowsing rods, and quantum anomaly detectors over the cake*

Hmmm...

*a nearby computer prints out a long sheet of paper densely covered with various chemical and spiritual analyses*

My goodness. According to these results, this cake is --

*quickly skims to the bottom of the readout*

-- "delicious and fancy"?

Huh. It seems this cake is 100% pastry, 0% paranormal peril. [*]

They didn't let you rend the very fabric of reality this year, eh Shadow?

That's okay -- I think the reality seamstresses could use some time off after last year, anyway. Wink

*happily distributes slices of Perfectly Normal Fancy Cake to everyone present*

[*] Results rounded to the nearest integer... but surely that's close enough.
JackD
Noble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Storms in with cake and gifts*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Made it just in time—

*Sees the date on the wall calendar*

Sh*t!

*Throws the cake on the floor and smashes the gift on a rock. A birthday card slips from his hand. It hits the ground and flips open^

Happy birthday, Aja.
Best wishes for 2009.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackD wrote:
*Storms in with cake and gifts*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Made it just in time—

*Sees the date on the wall calendar*

Sh*t!

*Throws the cake on the floor and smashes the gift on a rock. A birthday card slips from his hand. It hits the ground and flips open^

Happy birthday, Aja.
Best wishes for 2009.

Can we make birthdays like, not an annual thing? Too many to remember.
Why can't they be like once or twice a decade?

*Grabs a handful of floor cake*
Mmmm... tasty.
Spark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, Aja! Thank you for all of your art, and I wish you a great new year.
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**One week ago, on a moonless night...**

**The facility grounds are caught up in a whirlwind of action. Sirens blare, whistles blow, and spotlights illuminate every darkened nook and cranny**

"He can't have gotten far!"

"Seal all the exits!"

"Check all the laundry chutes!"

"Double...no, triple the guard on the mess hall!"

**As bloodhounds track, guards patrol, and orderlies attend to their patients, a pair of doctors stand outside of a now-empty patient's room**

"I don't understand. Why would he do something like this now? After nearly a year of progress and medication?"

"That's what I've been meaning to tell you. It took us just this long to figure out due to the patient's chemical makeup, but just....take a look at these toxicology reports."

**Flipping through pages** "....Are you meaning to tell me NONE of his medications had any effect?"

"Apparently, exposure to massive amounts of Mako can render most chemicals and toxins ineffective...it's been an act, this entire time."

"Then his delusions of baking..."

"Completely untreated. No, even worse, if this journal we found hidden in his room is any indication."

**Hands the other doctor a booklet. Inside are page after page of cake recipes, written in increasingly scrawled handwriting. The last few pages physically hurt to look at, and look as if not written with a human hand...**

"May god help us all..."

**Flash forward to today**

Happy Birthday, Aja! May this day and this year find you well!

**Presents Aja with a well-decorated cake**

....Huh. I could have sworn I boxed and gift-wrapped this....oh, well, I'm sure I just forgot. Anyways, enjoy!
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Cy! I'm glad you're around to enjoy the art. Grin

Ooh... what's this, Shadow? Strawberry frosting with funfetti? How festive!

*hesitates*

*steps up cautiously*

*gives the cake a quick slice, then immediately leaps back, knife held out at arm's length*

. . . Shocked . . .

*the cake doesn't react adversely... or, indeed, at all*

*with a covert sigh of relief, divides up the rest of the cake onto plates for everyone present*

Cheers!

*takes a bite*

...Wow! This might be the tastiest one yet.

I must say, Shadow, you really seem to have turned things around since year last.

At least, seen you I haven't on the while for a news.

Er...

*pauses, thinking over that last sentence*

*shrugs*

Anyway, up to what have been you? Staying hopefully out of...

...of out...

...uot...

*coughs*

*blinks rapidly*

.taht tuoba yrroS .aohW

.wonk'y ,seigrellA

*strolls up the side of one of the tavern's wooden support beams*

*takes a seat on the underside of a rafter*

(: .yad ylevol a tahW
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music !ydarB ,yadhtriB detaleB yppaH Music

?yadhtrib ylrae ti si rO...

...llet ot drah s'ti wohemoS

Huh
Saint Cy
Spark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday, Aja!

*pushes button*
Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster: Music IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! (IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!) Music

*fireworks forever*

Have a nice day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: