Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Reunion Party!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skittles
Courtier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reunion Party! Reply with quote

As was suggested, a topic all our own to reminisce and catch up! I miss you guys... Sad
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a party up in.... Man, Skits, put some pants on. Sheesh, not THAT kind of party. Nudge Nudge

Yes, it has been far too long. THOIR was the first real forum I frequented back in the day. I've not really frequented many other forums over the years. Most of them were just toxic, and vile. Not a fun place to hang.

It's mainly quiet around these parts, I do pop in from time to time. Not much is going on outside of discussion of Aja's lovely comic.
Skittles
Courtier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a lovely comic it is! I still come by every few months to binge read up to current, but haven't joined in on forum tomfoolery. Once I had a job that actually required all my attention, I could no longer afford staring blankly into my computer screen obsessively hitting refresh until someome responded.

And the pants stay off. Personal rule, no offense meant.
Tauhid
Noble

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Reunion. So good to see everyone. Hey. I know that I really don't want to know what Skittle's love triangle is about. It's not my business and whatever makes him happy. But also I kind of NEED to know what's going on with Skittle's love life? There's gotta be an interesting story there, right? Is it just me?

It's just me.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, I wasn't going to open Pandora's box... But, now curiosity has kicked in. And I need to know as well. So, is there some sort of wild and crazy story involved? Did you meet her at a tattoo convention, while riding your Harley, with your leather jacket and pants?

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving y'all! Nudge Nudge <---- That guy never gets old.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we shouldn't pry into Skitz's life. So, how was everyone's Thanksgiving, for those who celebrate that?

And I agree, this guy Nudge Nudge is cool.

brady-kj.deviantart.com
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what's up here?
We talking about what we've been doing the past couple of years?

Me? I'm still a box.
I'm working at the same job, coming up on five years in March.

Brother moved out of state chasing his dream job three years back(spoiler alert: turned out to be a nightmare), so we sold our house and I moved to a small condo close to work. If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend doing that. Nothing pisses coworkers off like complaining about the 5 minute commute (normally 3, but I got caught at the red light).

Still hang out at the Penny Arcade forums. They've gotten considerably more decent since I started posting there (not that I had anything to do with that, just saying they used to be a scary place for the new poster). I think the implementation of The Glorious Edict helped a lot. It's hard to really drag a conversation into the internet mud when the only allowable insult is "Silly Goose".

Play some D&D on occasion with some buddies from high school.

Watched my little sister's marriage fall apart, her and her three kids move back in with my parents, move out for a year or so and then back in. So, that's been causing some grinding of teeth and biting of tongues. On the plus side, she's finished up the RN schooling and has a job in the field that she seems to enjoy which are both considerable steps up, and her new boyfriend seems like a good guy and I'm trying to give him a chance but...

Leased a new car last year. This is the first actually new car I've owned. The others were used and (on occasion) older than I was.

Don't have any dogs or cats or other pets, but my houseplant is doing pretty well.
Still single, hard to meet people when you're an anti-social shut in who'd much rather stretch out on the couch with a good book then go out. But, considering some of the alternatives, single isn't so bad.
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, single is awful nice compared to some relationships. I hope things go well for both your brother and your sister. What's your D&D game like?

And Young, I meant to say this earlier, but I'm glad you're doing some new things in defiance of your anxiety. What was Washington, DC, like?

brady-kj.deviantart.com
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low level 5th edition (just hit lvl 5).
We're all still learning the rules so we're trying to keep things somewhat simplified so the DM gave us some restrictions on races and classes so we didn't have to figure out too many new rules.

I'm a Dwarf Fighter specializing in missing things with my crossbow.
I'd be a bigger contribution if our DM would throw monsters at us that weren't immune (or highly resistant) to piercing damage. But, I'm a dwarf so I occasionally find out interesting things from rocks, like the existence of the secret catacombs beneath the local church that we're going to be exploring next session. Wonder if I have time to get some holy water or alchemist fire ampules that I can tie to the bolts for my crossbow...
Noble

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I say I'm having real trouble with not being able to "like" these posts, somehow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: