Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Angry Dead comic, by Tauhid.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat! I was just thinking about Tauhid the other day, wondering if he'd ever make more comics... and lo!

It's especially cool to hear that it's a Spells & Whistles sequel.

(Man, that artwork and site layout are pretty.)
Tauhid
Noble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to ruin everything you guys.

*opens crate of mothballs*
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is... Is that??

No, it can't be. Can it? He's not real. Must be some sort of zombie.

**pokes Tauhid with a stick** (Is it awkward if after that, I drop this ? Nudge Nudge )
Tauhid
Noble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if you make it awkward Nudge Nudge
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent.... Nudge Nudge

Well, it's good to see that you are still around dropping the dope art. (Wait, do the kids still say "dope" these days?)

I bet I can do a kick butt interview...

A-hem... **taps the end of the mic**

Tell us a little bit about this new comic strip of yours for those unfamiliar with spells and whistles. What is this world/universe all about?

What makes these characters interesting? What makes these characters people we will want to care and know about?

Is there something you wish to achieve with this comic strip? Does it have an end result to it? Meaning is there something in particular you wish to tell with it, IE, the hero saves the day, or is it just telling stories in this universe.

After all this time why did you choose to go back into the world of spells and whistles again?

It's been a long time since you first forayed into online comic strips, how have you evolved, and grown, as an artist and storyteller?

OK, interview over. All that said, I wish you much luck with this new venture of yours.
Tauhid
Noble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since you asked:

It's about two siblings looking for their missing father. It's your standard Tolkienesque universe. Elves, Dwarves, dragons, the whole nine.

As far as the characters go I hope they're interesting. If you followed S&W then you've already invested in some of them. All the old favorites are returning. They'll be sporting a little gray around the temples and a few crow's feet but they're there. And then there's the new faces. Milo and Henna are E'los' kids and there's plenty of him in both of them. So that, right?

If I want to achieve anything it's to give this story the treatment i neglected to the first time around. I want to make that sweeping fantasy epic that kind of always been niggling at the back of my mind. And I guess I'd also like to have a completed volume of something to put on my shelf before I die. But who am I kidding? I just plan to enjoy the comic while there's joy to be had.

I think I went back to S&W because a lot of things are coming full circle in my life now. I took a break from webcomics full in the knowledge that I'd be back and when I felt the itch I didn't resist it. I spent about a year trying to decide what my next project would be. I was leaning toward something in the fantasy genre but felt myself being too heavily influenced by my obsession with the show Game of Thrones. I was backing off a half developed idea when it occurred to me to revisit and maybe finish S&W. I played with that idea a little bit before realizing there just wasn't much there two work with. A few severely flat characters (whose only purpose was to be comedy foil) wandering pretty aimlessly through a woefully under developed world. Half the work would be walking back all my old hackey attempts at story telling. So then I just decided to go for a reboot. And after doing a quick sketch of Henna and Milo I fell in love.

I think I've become more patient. A little more confident in my abilities. I've grown to understand the value in attention to detail and planning. I like to think my art has gotten a little more refined and consistent but I think the biggest sign of growth is in how I use it. It's more important to me now. Used to be it was a tool I used to try and get paid. Like a hammer or something.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That was more honest, and straightforward than I thought it would be. I was expecting something more, silly, and maybe even sarcastic.

I wish you much success and luck with it. I'm sure we can all say we would love to see a book of art by Tauhid on our shelves.
brady kj
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so good to see your face again, Tauhid! I don't see too many familiar faces these days.

I like how you made this story, spinning a horsebrown king into a heroic character. Mercifully burning half the villages, clever.

What's new? How've you been?

brady-kj.deviantart.com
Tauhid
Noble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been good. It's weird seeing all these familiar faces. And imagining that they belong to actual, adult grown-ups Shocked
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tauhid wrote:
I've been good. It's weird seeing all these familiar faces. And imagining that they belong to actual, adult grown-ups Shocked

I've actually inserted my consciousness into a robot. I am actually a Terminator. Shocked

It is a weird to realize how we are all grown-ups now. And how young we were when we first met each other. Now, I'm creeping up on 40. Shocked Very Sad

Whatever happened to the others? Like Skittles, and Babs, and Cranky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: