Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

(Pages 248+) Arena Escape Attempt
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: (Pages 248+) Arena Escape Attempt Reply with quote

With the announcer subdued, our heroes are practically home free.

...Right?
Devilin Richer
Noble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somehow doubt that. Methinks they might not have thought this through well enough, given it appears ALL the nobles command some form of elemental magic to the nth degree. This could get ugly fast...especially for Mr. Announcer trapped in the middle. Oh my.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devilin Richer wrote:
I somehow doubt that. Methinks they might not have thought this through well enough, given it appears ALL the nobles command some form of elemental magic to the nth degree. This could get ugly fast...especially for Mr. Announcer trapped in the middle. Oh my.

Nah, IIRC, the Nobles only control fire. The God of Light was apparently the only one that bothered to show up, and gifted his clergy with fire powers (light/heat), then they did the thing and declared themselves nobility.
Noble

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one in the flashback that Richard mentioned to Henson, that had lightning powers. I'm not so sure there so limited.

http://www.true-magic.com/view.php?id=233
Shadowstorm
Noble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back even further:

http://www.true-magic.com/view.php?id=8

Indicates that fire and lightning are the only elements they can use. Still, that's 2/3rds of the classic Fire/Ice/Lightning trio. More than enough to deal with some uppity peasants.
Devilin Richer
Noble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good heavens it's been ages since I've read the beginning, I totally forgot about that. But still you're right, trouble brews for our heroes, nonetheless.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess it's fire and lightning.
Curse my faulty memory. I blame it on the combination of cold weather and my furnace picking the worst possible time to die.

The cold clearly messed up my brain meats a bit.

On an unrelated note, Aja, would you mind if I posted your comic on another forum (the Penny Arcade forum has a thread dedicated to sharing webcomics)? With a link to your site, of course. Figure it might get a few people curious enough to archive binge, but I don't want to repost your work without permission.
If it's cool with you, I can rehost on photobucket or something rather than leech from your bandwidth.
Pajamazon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire and lightning indeed!

Let's hope no one throws any lightning bolts into the ring.

see317 wrote:
On an unrelated note, Aja, would you mind if I posted your comic on another forum (the Penny Arcade forum has a thread dedicated to sharing webcomics)? With a link to your site, of course. Figure it might get a few people curious enough to archive binge, but I don't want to repost your work without permission.
If it's cool with you, I can rehost on photobucket or something rather than leech from your bandwidth.

Sure! If you think the people there are likely to enjoy TM, feel free to post a page now and then. Grin (I'm pretty sure hotlinking is disabled here, so rehosting is probably best.)

As a general note: I'm always happy to see people share individual pages on other sites, as long as it isn't every new page. I'd rather have people come to the main site for new updates once they start reading. (Among other reasons, I'm always fixing and editing things, and sometimes re-upload a new version of the same page several times. So it's better for people to be looking here, where the most current version always is.)

Thanks for thinking of that, See! I really appreciate your wanting to help share the comic.
Noble

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see317 wrote:
Well, I guess it's fire and lightning.

Well, based on how fire-bending works in the animated Avatar series (The Last Airbender and Korra series, not the ShyPants movie), it seems to me that maybe the ability to produce lightning (once the nobles were many generations away from the original priesthood) could be...

...a highly advanced use of the same ability that produces fire? Seems logical that the average noble-on-the-street could produce at least small fireballs, but maybe the ones who are more genetically gifted and/or who study and practice their skills more might be able to produce lightning as well as fire.

I'm not suggesting that Aja has been influenced by the Avatar series, but there may be some internal logic that makes lightning an advanced development of fire.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
see317 wrote:

Sure! If you think the people there are likely to enjoy TM, feel free to post a page now and then. Grin (I'm pretty sure hotlinking is disabled here, so rehosting is probably best.)

Yeah, I figured I'd start posting at comic 1, maybe post 3 pages a week or so (don't want to flood other boards, tends to make people testy), if they like it, I'll continue. Since you've got 249 pages up, I figure it'll take some time to catch up (if I post 3 a week, that's a bit over a year and a half to catch up to today).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Magic Show All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: