Homeville
Open 25 Hours

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 

Legend of Korra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amarath wrote:
I just watched the 3rd episode, and oh my gosh, it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! They've already gotten to the plot, which didn't happen until much later in the last airbender, and it's so dark, and wonderful, and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! *jumps up and down and melts into a pile of squee* Less Than Three Less Than Three Less Than Three Less Than Three

This show is supposed to be only a series and was not intended to be a long drawn out show like the last one. So it's no surprise that within the third episode the stuff hit the ceiling so to speak.

And without putting spoilers I will not talk about the third episode... Even if I really want to.
Amarath
Noble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young wrote:
This show is supposed to be only a series and was not intended to be a long drawn out show like the last one. So it's no surprise that within the third episode the stuff hit the ceiling so to speak.
True, but I thought that they'd make a more gentle transition from exposition to plot. That being said, it was sooooooo awesome. It does seem more geared towards an older audience than Avatar was, though. I like it better this way, but I'm surprised there weren't any warnings on it for the really little kids.

Also I've made a spoilers thread so that we can talk about the show.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else, besides me, kept up with this show... And since it's not, Spongebob, did not get treated too well at Nick. Before they moved it to strictly online...

I have enjoyed the new series. Many say it's not as good as Last Air Bender, but I disagree, I think it has it's own merits and stands on its own. And I enjoy learning more about the various characters and what they have been up to since the original..

I have enjoyed the various seasons so far of Korra, though I did have some complaints with the latest villain.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've kept watching it.

Personally, I don't think it was as good as TLA, but that's largely because the writers never knew how long they'd have with Korra so the 3 season long arcs of TLA wouldn't have worked. Though I do like Zahir and the Red Lotus retconning in the villain from Season 2 (possibly Yakone as well?) as part of the Red Lotus story arc.
Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fact that TLA, was better, was in the fact that is was always planned to be a full show. Which allowed better character development, and a better, longer story arc. That kept going through the whole show. Korra, has underdeveloped characters, which makes them hard to get behind and feel, and then ends up with throw away villains.

SPOILER ALERT! Turn back now.

I did like that they tied the main villains, together in the season three finale. That was a nice touch. I liked the concept of the Dark Avatar, and The Red Lotus. I do wonder now, if the Dark Avatar will be reborn much in the same way that the Light Avatar is... Or, if that will be a plot hole.

I also don't like how they've over powered their villains this time around. Where they are just running through every other bender they come into contact with. That, is just not something I can relate to. Much like the TLA stories. Just like Zahir made no sense to me... I can get behind the idea that the convergence gave him bending.. But he should have been the same was Bumi. He should have not been this all powerful airbending master, doing moves that no one else could. Not without practice. In the fight between Ozai and Aang, Ozai was kicking his butt, until he became the avatar fully. Then Ozai was not a match for him.. Zahir, was able to go toe to toe with the Avatar in the Avatar state, and even out power her... Sure, she was poisoned, but still.

It will be interesting to see how they wrap it up, with season 4, which I think is the last season. Hopefully their new digital format will allow them to tell better, longer, stories, in the future. And that this will not be the end of the Avatar world.
see317
Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of season 4...
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/digital-short-legend-of-korra-uploader-special-announcement.html?cid=social_20140910_31394086&xid=LOKFB

EEEEEEEEE!!!!
That's right, October 3rd. As in, right about 3 weeks.
There's no emoticon to successfully convey my excitement, though these come closest:
Whoo! Bounce Oh Snap Shiver Vampire

Okay, maybe not the last one, on the emoticon popup, you can't see the wings, it just looks like a bouncing smiley face.
Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the little bat thing...

Yes, I heard the 4th season is coming in Oct. When they were doing the second season, they had said they were working on all 4 seasons at the same time. And since the seasons have only been about 13 episodes, that's not too hard to imagine.

Now with the online format, they don't need to wait for Nick's go ahead and could show it whenever.

It does mean, this is the last new Avatar cartoon for some time. If ever. Shocked

With the way things went with them being forced to online, I would be surprised if they continued to work with Nick in the future. And not switch to an online host, like Hulu or Netflix.
young
Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been enjoying the last season of Korra, it's been interesting seeing how they'd tied everything together. It will be a shame to see it come to an end. And the creators saying being done with it for the foreseeable future. Speaking of 5-10 years at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeville Forum Index -> The Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: